IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

Uploaded MQnPlay.exe 2.44 sse4 intel, quite a few changes after another look at Agner Fogg's optimisation manuals , sounds good.

more details in link below

MQn - Just Good Music

2.44 sounds like an upgrade of 2.43 loop. more(most?) real. note can hit deep and bounce back whether weight was light or heavy.

my personal favorite version is 2.43 r11 cnt. it is less real and with slight earache issues. however, music is gentle. the stage dynamic is easy to take and is lively on headphones. i can use higher music volume than any other version.

2.44, 2.43 r11 cnt and 2.10 are now my favorites.

i mean vibartion only. XA900B give heavy drum sound (but bass is not heavy), too much sharpness, sound wide is less than other players so bass stage is narrow, bad vocal focus (this vocal is characteristic of foobar2000-v0.8.3). difficult to tune laptop. although its sound is clearly/clarity but i don't like it. earache.

try more listen its bass vibration, i think OK, pretty.

hi lekt, last night i installed Redistributable libraries for Intel C++, XA900B's bass magically improved a lot. its heavy weight no longer hurts my ears and becomes enjoyable. i am shocked. vocal focus got a lot better too. can you test its bass? any chance it is better than nopgomemcpy?

hi lekt, last night i installed Redistributable libraries for Intel C++, XA900B's bass magically improved a lot. its heavy weight no longer hurts my ears and becomes enjoyable. i am shocked. vocal focus got a lot better too. can you test its bass? any chance it is better than nopgomemcpy?

thanks, jesuscheung, i will try this installation. but i feel XA900B make upsampling DSP, all sounds have incredible quality in comparision with original foobar2000v0.8.3. its vibration in 3 frequency ranges is OK, but sounds figure (wide) is not reasonable, unfortunately. OK, MQn now have many things and will have all things.

i has more carefully testing 2.44 sse4 intel. in total it is better nopgomemcpy and all previous versions.

in nuance: 2.44 sse4 intel vs nopgomemcpy

- bass vibration is better than nopgomemcpy, long finished. but volume/weight still a bit of bit... much (100.2%), so more difficult in playing high speed bass, bass notes is lesser in detail (i use Madonna - The First Album/5.Holiday, original studio albulm, fore speed bass)

- drum and other dumb (beat/knock) sound also have vibration, but not musical, this vibration of drum creates pressure and bouncy, crispy of beat/knocks. nopgomemcpy make it better, although volume/weigh is lesser. drum volume/weigh of 2.44 sse4 intel is 100.2%.

- many other things: 2.44 sse4 intel is more correct and better.

=> solution: I suggest reduce drum/bass volume/weight a bit (a bit of bit), sbgk.

thanks, jesuscheung, i will try this installation...

i installed w_ccompxe_redist_intel64_2013_sp1.0.103.msi, so XA900B sounds with very low volume, why is that? jesuscheung. help me.

maybe "System PATH Environment Variable Changes..." or "INTEL_DEV_REDIST"... or something need to change as in Intel site notices?

have uploaded 2 core and 4 core mqncontrol.exe versions that reset the affinity if x is pressed

have uploaded 2 mqnplay 2.44 built with the intel x64 and ia32 redistributable drivers, more info in link in signature.

wonder if JC finding a difference with the libraries installed is due to them affecting something else apart from MQn as pretty sure MQn is self contained.

see MQn is being discussed on the JPlay forum.

Who's used Paul Pang's products? | Computer Audio | Forum | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

I only started MQn because I didn't agree with the direction JPlay was taking and as they weren't listening to those who wanted a dedicated memory player and a more neutral sound I created MQn.

If JPlay can introduce a single machine memory player that doesn't sound processed then I would be more than happy, maybe too big a pill for them to swallow though as a lot of people now have 2 x i7 machines for control/audio machine setup.

Coming from a Squeezebox Touch background I knew about the problems that are introduced when using ethernet/wireless to transfer the data so wasn't prepared to go down the 2 pc route.

That's one of the indisputable advantages of MQn, the fact you can disable wireless and ethernet, that and the fact it only uses < 1% cpu.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

have uploaded 2 core and 4 core mqncontrol.exe versions that reset the affinity if x is pressed

there was some pgo build code left in the mqncontrol versions that asks you to start mqnplay - this is so I can do profile guided optimisation of mqnplay and I just forgot to comment it out. Have uploaded the correct versions.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

i installed w_ccompxe_redist_intel64_2013_sp1.0.103.msi, so XA900B sounds with very low volume, why is that? jesuscheung. help me.

maybe "System PATH Environment Variable Changes..." or "INTEL_DEV_REDIST"... or something need to change as in Intel site notices?

you need to install BOTH msi. intel64 + ia32. low volume? that's impossible. alright, if really doesn't work, uninstall it will undo everything.

by the way, remember to set 24/44100 in system sound for XA900B. coz it uses waveout.

i just compared XA900B vs 2.44. i can only feel warmer and stronger bass in XA. XA sometimes have better vocal and can handle fast music better. XA is slowly fading away in my system coz MQn keeps getting stronger. also XA1000 only sounds good in win7 in my system and i hate it in 2012/8. XA is currently losing the game.

have uploaded 2 mqnplay 2.44 built with the intel x64 and ia32 redistributable drivers, more info in link in signature.

wonder if JC finding a difference with the libraries installed is due to them affecting something else apart from MQn as pretty sure MQn is self contained.

see MQn is being discussed on the JPlay forum.

Who's used Paul Pang's products? | Computer Audio | Forum | JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

I only started MQn because I didn't agree with the direction JPlay was taking and as they weren't listening to those who wanted a dedicated memory player and a more neutral sound I created MQn.

If JPlay can introduce a single machine memory player that doesn't sound processed then I would be more than happy, maybe too big a pill for them to swallow though as a lot of people now have 2 x i7 machines for control/audio machine setup.

Coming from a Squeezebox Touch background I knew about the problems that are introduced when using ethernet/wireless to transfer the data so wasn't prepared to go down the 2 pc route.

That's one of the indisputable advantages of MQn, the fact you can disable wireless and ethernet, that and the fact it only uses < 1% cpu.

firstly, installing intel x64 and ia32 makes a immediately noticeable difference in SQ. you guys should try it. if you don't like it, uninstall it.

secondly, wtf i didn't know jplay can have a 2 machines setup! did they not know that one can have 2 xeons on a motherboard? the player can use 1 CPU entirely for audio processing. going from 1 CPU to another is faster than 1 PC to another.

thirdly, foobar labells jplay as audiophile scam on their website. even though they are scam, i tried jplay, i never was impressed. must be my fault... i didn't have 2 i7 machines.

Quotes from that jplay link:

"My 1st dip in your pool & your player 2.43 sounds very good on my 2012 std win2go – the detail retrieval is excellent – much better than 2PC Jplay setup. Thank you."

"Pearse… I agree… Very good that Josef and Marcin don't censor this (as other private sites might)… and indeed that there is competition."

MQn uses one i3 to beat two i7.

firstly, installing intel x64 and ia32 makes a immediately noticeable difference in SQ. you guys should try it. if you don't like it, uninstall it.

the 2.44 intel drivers sub al version is a bit more revealing/brighter than the 2.44 sse4 intel version, the only difference being it is compiled with x64 and ia32 intel drivers.

Initially this is impressive, but soon becomes tiring and there is loss of bass. So think 2.44 sse4 intel is better balanced, haven't tried it with the drivers installed on the audio pc.

"My 1st dip in your pool & your player 2.43 sounds very good on my 2012 std win2go – the detail retrieval is excellent – much better than 2PC Jplay setup. Thank you."

"Pearse… I agree… Very good that Josef and Marcin don't censor this (as other private sites might)… and indeed that there is competition."

i find jplay good player, but requires the two pc's to stream, needs a lot of pc and os optimisation,

although i haven't found i7s to be better than i3's for jplay but i could never understand why i needed two pcs for good playback. i do have two pcs for playback and i think ive given it a fair test

jplay single pc is not at the races in this league

that been said MQn's just better

the 2.44 intel drivers sub al version is a bit more revealing/brighter than the 2.44 sse4 intel version, the only difference being it is compiled with x64 and ia32 intel drivers.

Initially this is impressive, but soon becomes tiring and there is loss of bass. So think 2.44 sse4 intel is better balanced, haven't tried it with the drivers installed on the audio pc.

2.44 sub al

most clarity i heard from MQn. presenting music a little faster (if music goes slower than norm, then muddy). yes bass is disrespectfully dismissed. got quite cold.

I'm not trying to beat any particular player, I'm just exploring options that have been ignored by other players and there was a gap in the market, as it were, for a minimalist player - everyone equates digital music with convenience and bit perfect playback and I wanted to explore what price in terms of SQ was being paid for that convenience.

If there is merit in what I am doing then they will copy it, I guess.

I am making MQn free and easy to try because I think that the importance of the player has been overlooked and it is pretty difficult for anyone to access what is going on in a player the same way hardware can be swapped in or out or different settings tried. The player is the engine in the chain, if the player isn't optimal then all the other tweaks are just treating the issues caused by the player.

If it leads to a greater understanding of what is important in a player then that's an achievement in itself.

you need to install BOTH msi. intel64 + ia32. low volume? that's impossible. alright, if really doesn't work, uninstall it will undo everything.

by the way, remember to set 24/44100 in system sound for XA900B. coz it uses waveout.

i just compared XA900B vs 2.44. i can only feel warmer and stronger bass in XA. XA sometimes have better vocal and can handle fast music better. XA is slowly fading away in my system coz MQn keeps getting stronger. also XA1000 only sounds good in win7 in my system and i hate it in 2012/8. XA is currently losing the game.

mqnplay.exe 2.44 intel drivers sub al: wrong in bass sound width (narrow), bass is dumb.

mqnplay.exe 2.44 intel drivers dec al: bass vibration is OK, volume normal, can play speed bass but its sound is sank, not good as nopgomemcpy. vocal focus is not good.

=> mqnplay.exe 2.44 sse4 intel is better. but as i said "I suggest reduce drum/bass volume/weight a bit (a bit of bit)" because is above norm (i think 100.2%). it difficult play high-speed bass, or play difficult bass sound as Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon/03.Time (nopgomemcpy and XA900B good plays this album, there is multi-nuance bass sound, and difficult to perform).

bass sound of nopgomemcpy is better than XA900B (nopgomemcpy sound width is enough, more pretty, XA900B lesser; vibration and pressure of both is ~). i think XA900B can play many kind of bass, maybe it have more correct setting.

...mqnplay.exe 2.44 sse4 intel is better. but as i said "I suggest reduce drum/bass volume/weight a bit (a bit of bit)" because is above norm (i think 100.2%). it difficult play high-speed bass...

i think 2.44 sub al deals with high-speed things quite well. maybe it has something that helps "high-speed bass"?

i think 2.44 sub al deals with high-speed things quite well. maybe it has something that helps "high-speed bass"?

i was wrong between dec al & sub al.

2.44 sub al: "bass vibration is OK, volume normal, can play speed bass but its sound is sank, not good as nopgomemcpy. vocal focus is not good". i also see bass weight is less, its vibration is strange so bass sound is sank (amplitude of oscillation is not enough). it can easier play high-speed bass (high-speed bass does not have wide amplitude of oscillation), but bass sound is not good as nopgomemcpy.

2.44 sub al give good drum sound and other dumb sounds. what do you think?

just need to take note of a great version.

2.43 loop

best piano sound. most well-done in tune, crispiness, weight, layers, vibration, bouncing, richness. all better done than 2.44. (of course, 2.44 has other better things to offer. they don't matter too much in piano solo)

when tuning stereo widght is correct, solo-vocal and solo-piano usually in center, in front of us. sound is true, most clarity. then piano sound seems more raw/rustic, less smooth (we can hear clarity beat/knock on piano keys, fingers touch). but it is true sound (as like as pretty girl without makeup).

i think 2.44 sse4 intel give ~true solo-piano sound (JEP2.4.1Pro-nonAVX give such sound, but bass notes are not good).

Uploaded MQnPlay 2.47 sse4 intel, more details in link in signature

installed win2012 R2... MQn sounds wrong with it. the stage has been pushed forward too close to ear. i am unable to make judgement on 2.47.

native asio not working. foobar2000 DS, ASIO, WASAPI nothing has sound. JIE no sound either.

R2 definitely has better tune. this is a major improvement in SQ for XA waveout.

need to ghost restore to R1 to test this 2.47...

must be DAC driver issue...

back to R1.

R1 vs R2

both R1 and R2 have same tweaks, same drivers.

actually R2 just has warmer/gentler overall tune... detail is less... lacks weight... not better in SQ... with XA, the stage seems to have improved. with MQn, the stage has gone terribly wrong, been pushed forward too much, instrument positioning is wrong.

must be driver issues. give up R2 for now.

for now, R1>win7>R2 for MQn.

2.47 sounds pretty great in R1. need more listening.

back to R1.

R1 vs R2

both R1 and R2 have same tweaks, same drivers.

actually R2 just has warmer/gentler overall tune... detail is less... lacks weight... not better in SQ... with XA, the stage seems to have improved. with MQn, the stage has gone terribly wrong, been pushed forward too much, instrument positioning is wrong.

must be driver issues. give up R2 for now.

for now, R1>win7>R2 for MQn.

2.47 sounds pretty great in R1. need more listening.

2.47 sse4 intel:

drum, bass sound volume/weight is correct, better vibrate (soft/warm/clarity/detail), then piano sound better vibrate.

vocal is clarity as previous versions, but in nuance i like vocal of 2.44 sse4 intel, 2.41 movq, more emotion.

other instruments sounds better than previous versions, pretty vibate, almost things having bass layer. sharpness is normal.

2.47 sse4 intel is correct on everything. i don't find out any technical deffect.

jesuscheung, as you said, i see XA so much better after instalation Intel C++ Composer XE, but MQn have issue on playing speed via HDMI. XA bass is good too. could you test bass of mqn.exe2.22_atom (in Archive) by your hifi equipments. strange, i never heard such good bass sound from any player, imazing, full vibration. this version also have good vocal, emotion, trembling. but vocal volume is too much. try it, interesting.