IGNORED

Visual studio 2012 c++ and wasapi minimalist player

sbgk

2.47 doesn't sound great on r2

2.44 is "better"

will i have to drop r2 to continue?

Oh dear - another variable for poor SBGK.

What was the difference that you noted? I have yet to try either as have been away and have Atom.

In the end though R2 is going to be what we will get from MS>

Jonathan

2.44 is "better"

guess I'll have to upgrade the build laptop to win 8.1, haven't tried r2 yet.

have been trying sse2 versions and have uploaded a 2.47 sse2 intel and atom version, wonder how that sounds on r2 ? Sounds quite good on r1.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

2.44 is "better"

maybe I've got 2.47 wrong. Do you mean you have tested it on r1 and it is different on r2, going back to 2.44 and it does sound smoother. What was it you didn't like about 2.47 ? JC etc this question is for you as well.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

maybe I've got 2.47 wrong. Do you mean you have tested it on r1 and it is different on r2, going back to 2.44 and it does sound smoother. What was it you didn't like about 2.47 ? JC etc this question is for you as well.

sory sbgk. my DAC has driver issues on R2... i have to wait. i definitely heard better tune on R2. there is hope.

...What was it you didn't like about 2.47 ? JC etc this question is for you as well.

2.43r11 cnt vs 2.44 vs 2.47 on R1

-2.47 has more clarity(less muddy) in small things. less effort to listen.

-stage. difficult one. 2.47 can lack a little clarity/weight/focus in stage. so does 2.44. depends on what you are listening to. in many cases, i prefer 2.43r11 cnt's stage for having more weight/focus even though its positioning is always out of norm.

-2.47 has colder bass(e.g.drum) than 2.44. can seem as though 2.47 is bias for treble.

-2.47 is great(best) in piano sound.

if one manages to make XA sounds good, you would find XA has better treble bass balance than 2.43-2.47. (XA is too sensitive to correct+incorrect tuning. a small mistake will ruin your experience with XA)

jesuscheung, as you said, i see XA so much better after instalation Intel C++ Composer XE, but MQn have issue on playing speed via HDMI. XA bass is good too. could you test bass of mqn.exe2.22_atom (in Archive) by your hifi equipments. strange, i never heard such good bass sound from any player, imazing, full vibration.

2.47 vs 2.22_atom

only testing bass (e.g. drum). i don't play drum. only heard it live.

-2.22 have better things in bass.

-the finishing of a drum note is well-done in 2.22. 2.47 lacks it.

-when two or more parts of a drum make sound at the same time, the clarity is better on 2.22. 2.47 is relatively muddy.

-ignoring weight and some other things, 2.22_atom is best drum sound i heard from any player.

2.47 vs 2.22_atom

only testing bass (e.g. drum). i don't play drum. only heard it live.

-2.22 have better things in bass.

-the finishing of a drum note is well-done in 2.22. 2.47 lacks it.

-when two or more parts of a drum make sound at the same time, the clarity is better on 2.22. 2.47 is relatively muddy.

i think only 2.22_atom can make bass better than XA.

2.22_atom bass as like as on expensive CD-players. unfortunately its vocal volume is wrong, too much. if such bass will intergrated to 2.47 then would be a great thing. 3 last versions 2.47 have good vibration on all frequency ranges, so piano sound now is very good.

thanks sgbk & jesuscheung.

2.43r11 cnt vs 2.44 vs 2.47 on R1

-2.47 has more clarity(less muddy) in small things. less effort to listen.

-stage. difficult one. 2.47 can lack a little clarity/weight/focus in stage. so does 2.44. depends on what you are listening to. in many cases, i prefer 2.43r11 cnt's stage for having more weight/focus even though its positioning is always out of norm.

-2.47 has colder bass(e.g.drum) than 2.44. can seem as though 2.47 is bias for treble.

-2.47 is great(best) in piano sound.

if one manages to make XA sounds good, you would find XA has better treble bass balance than 2.43-2.47. (XA is too sensitive to correct+incorrect tuning. a small mistake will ruin your experience with XA)

mqnplay.exe 2.47 dqa x 4 sse2 atom > mqnplay.exe 2.47 dqa x 4 sse2 intel > mqnplay.exe 2.47 sse4 intel

atom is better. its bass good vibrate, pretty. vocal and other things is OK. try it with piano sound, and compare to XA bass, jesuscheung.

i tested on core i3 3110, i think it can too good on atom 2 core 4 thread.

Hi sbgk,

I would like to try MQn in my CAPS2.0 with Intel Atom processor but in Google Drive I can find only version 2.10 sse2 atom 256, which is a very old one. Could you please upload a recent version that suits this processor?

Thanks.

Adolfo

Hi, it needs to be 64 bit cpu with at least 2 cores and win 7 minimum. Shall upload a more recent atom version. Have you tried 2.22 atom ? Have opened up the drive link to main/archive and test folders.

Think the 2.47 issue was due to the 32 bit intel driver not being fully removed, removed the 64 bit version as well and reinstalled it and sound seems better. Have uploaded 2.48 sse4 intel which should sound a bit better than 2.44

that was actually an atom version, sounded very good in a bluesy kind of way, have renamed it and uploaded the intel version which is probably a more accurate sound.

Have uploaded a 2.48 sse4 intel no MMCSS version, more info at the link in the signature

The no MMCSS version is an interesting experiment, gives quite an expansive sound, but a bit bass light, when MMCSS is switched back on and 2.48 sse4 intel version used you realise how much MMCSS is adding to the SQ.

The no MMCSS version is an interesting experiment, gives quite an expansive sound, but a bit bass light, when MMCSS is switched back on and 2.48 sse4 intel version used you realise how much MMCSS is adding to the SQ.

2.47 - 2.48

-2.48 SSE2 intel is crystal clear in clarity, but slightly control. less detail. surprisingly great considering it is SSE2. prefer this over 2.48 SSE4 intel.

-2.48 SSE4 intel nommcss is overall best among 2.47 - 2.48. tune lacks bass. vocal needs more power to equal 2.38 8 8.

-atom versions tend to lessen in details.

Which MMCSS settings are accounting for the SQ changes?

it's not a setting, it's the fact MMCSS is running as opposed to not running. Just tested it with another version of mqnplay and it works so you don't need to change versions to switch MMCSS on/off

2.47 - 2.48

-2.48 SSE2 intel is crystal clear in clarity, but slightly control. less detail. surprisingly great considering it is SSE2. prefer this over 2.48 SSE4 intel.

-2.48 SSE4 intel nommcss is overall best among 2.47 - 2.48. tune lacks bass. vocal needs more power to equal 2.38 8 8.

realised that 2.48 sse4 intel was biased towards the bass, so used an instruction from 2.44 to give a better balance, but it has better staging/control than 2.44.

Uploaded 2.48 sse4 intel sub al, 1, think this is about as good as I can make it at the moment.

2.47 - 2.48

agree with you, 2.48 SSE4 intel no mmcss better than others.

all 2.48 versions have good bass, but not like as 2.22_atom, only ~, 2.22_atom have best bass.

they give true sound, natural (bass, drum, beat/knock, guitar, vocal, treble,.. are very clarity)

3 frequency ranges (bass/mid/treble) of these 2.43 have big volume, over norm => SQ like as using normalize volume by DSP => difficult to listening (more rustic), although sounds is good, clarity, good vibration (seem more sharpness, but sharpness is normal. there's volume!). true sound on incorrect volume.

i happy with their bass, better than 2.4x - 2.47

What is the standard? difficult. jesuscheung, i tested mnq.exev1.2, very good on many things, as technical standard, excluding brightness, a bit lesser. i very prefer it for my HDMI setup. try to listening it.