IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

... same on M1 iPad Pro 11" and iPhone 12 Pro 😶

iPadOS/iOS 15.2.1

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Qobuz on Lumïn app is working again without “workarounds” too

... there was an issue, now solved, on Qobuz side as reported in the Audirvana Studio thread

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

working fine on both my iPad and iPhone

btw: the issue reported in Audirvana's thread was "Discover" not loading

no issue with streaming (I was in fact listening to some "Favourite" albums, via Roon, when I tried using Lumin app and posted)

headphones system:

4 hours ago, wklie said:

I'm afraid this is not possible

... one way to do it would be (... maybe) "à la Roon": integrating both local and streaming albums into a single, "in-app", library. users would then be able to sort it the way they want

headphones system:

14 minutes ago, wklie said:

abandon Roon in their next version of streamer board

... they did? 😳🙄

if so... having switched to Lumin makes me even happier 😉

headphones system:

4 hours ago, randyhat said:

if my preamp had finer graduations between volume steps

though... since the T2 outputs 2v, which is (or better... *used to be* 🙄 the standard), issue you are facing is either an output/input mismatch between you pre and power amp or you power amp having too much gain or your loudspeakers being too sensitive

lowering T2's output, as Peter suggested, *might* fix the issue

headphones system:

1564144888_Screenshot2022-01-24at09_48_47.thumb.jpg.e01edb838ae79179a6a7c5841bdfe35c.jpg

... 8.5v (or 17v balanced)? 😳 

there's no standard for pre output but... that's more than twice (or 1 and 1/2 times in *some* case) the "usual" voltage 🙄

you'll definitely have to use Lumin's "low output" *and* probably also Leedh to tame that!

headphones system:

• 3 weeks later...

anyone thinking about modifying his Lumin D2, T2 or U1 Mini: just be aware you'll need to cut or desolder a wire, meaning putting everything back to factory defaults might be, depending on your soldering skills, "not that straightforward" 😶

headphones system:

• 1 month later...

😳

where have you seen/heard about it?

1919154575_Screenshot2022-03-17at09_04_08.thumb.jpg.67ec0cf972ac49164b12a297133e1a6f.jpg

headphones system:

... because there's no U2 Mini? 😉

only reference I can find is in Google Search then, once you open the shop's page... it's the U1 Mini

probably just a typo that was, afterwards, corrected but Google hasn't re-crawled the site yet

headphones system:

• 1 month later...

ok, so... I just re-initialized my Qnap HS-251+ NAS

now in Lumin app I have two MinimServer instances (one grayed out, I guess it's the old one)

how do I get rid of it, please? 😶

headphones system:

thank you, Stefano: will try asking there... if Peter (😉) here can't help as I think it actually has to do with Lumin app, not MinimServer itself  (my NAS' disks too have been re-initialized so that old MinimServer instance can't be a leftover, on the NAS, from previous install)

headphones system:

... this one was easy indeed! 🤣

(it's a two steps process, though. this *might* explain why I didn't find it myself 🤪)

thank you Peter 🙂

headphones system:

... and no U2? 😭

headphones system:

• 1 month later...

... always thought there was a limit just for songs in a playlist 😶

headphones system:

• 3 months later...

@wklie Peter... now that all major software players require an active internet connection even to play just local files 🙄🤬... *please* swear on what you hold dearest that Lumin streamers will *never* require an active internet connection to play local files

and use it as a further point in your marketing strategy 😉

headphones system:

@wklie sure, you obviously need a network connected to the internet: I was just meaning... when internet is (temporarily) down

Roon 2.0 can't play even just local files when internet is down (Roon 1.8 did) and (I'm told) the same applies to Audirvana Studio 🙄

headphones system:

• 4 weeks later...

close to 4 years with my U1 Mini and only entered my Qobuz login/password when I first set it up

so...  Lumin app is not the culprit

headphones system:

• 2 months later...

oh... and...

this is Lumin 8.4.0 on an iPad Pro 11" running iPadOS 16.2 (in Stage Manager mode):

image.thumb.jpeg.8f356f31e2f34261f3d6960a7b73327c.jpeg

the "X" button to close the pop-up is semi-hidden and non functional

thanks for fixing it :)

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, wklie said:

first question to arise is... how does the new internal LPS compare to the external X1? 😶

headphones system:

• 4 weeks later...

@wklie Peter... "soon" (fingers crossed) I should (... finally! 🙄😛) have a U2 😊

I'll keep, and move to my secondary system, the U1 Mini

question: I can *easily* manage both in Lumin app, right? 🤔

both will use, for music storage, the very same NAS (where MinimServer runs)

headphones system:

17 hours ago, Stefanel63 said:

looking forward to your impressions about how the U1 mini (which I have) stacks up against its bigger sibling

well... a direct comparison is impossible (too many connections have to be swapped)

U2 and U1 Mini, here, will be in different rooms, connected to different DACs, amplifiers and loudspeakers so...

all I can say is... I bought the U1 Mini to try out a Lumin streamer while waiting for a U1 successor and I've been *very* happy with it 😊

my only "doubt", now that U2 has been released, is... how it actually compares to the U1X which still looks to be Lumin's top of the line streamer 😶

headphones system:

🤣👍

🙄

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

yes: U1 Mini with a good LPS has been reported as better than U2 Mini on stock SMPS

My U1 Mini was powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 but this U2 (non Mini!) is a *very big* improvement over it 🙂

headphones system: