IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Hi psme,

I have re-installed the app and it works if I choose Twonky, loading all albums and so on.

But if I choosing Minimserver it initializing and the app crashing without loading single album.

Till upgrade I have no problems with that.

Darius

@PSME

just as a test.. It works now via my PC + Foobar server and a \\NAS folder (Synology)

but if I choose my Synology direct, I remain with the same problem.. the app is crashing without loading a single album

now, we have the problem and may be a diagnostic ? (app ver. 2.0.4. <> DSM problem ?)

thank you for your help !

@PSME

just as a test.. It works now via my PC + Foobar server and a \\NAS folder (Synology)

but if I choose my Synology direct, I remain with the same problem.. the app is crashing without loading a single album

now, we have the problem and may be a diagnostic ?

thank you for your help !

It seems that it works with:

- Ipad 3 32Gb

- NAS QNAP 219 PII and Twonky Media server on it (If I re instal the Lumin App from scratch)

- I could reload all the albums in a short time without any crash of the Lumin app.

In that case, I had to repeat that several times. Why didn't it work at the first time ?? Strange....

It works fine as well with Lumin and JRIVER and DNLA/UpNP server activated, and conected to my QNAP NAS.

Sorry about all the trouble!

Seems LUMIN app doesn't work in some systems. Now studying and will fix it ASAP...

Yes indeed. I've sent several emails about this. I've had my Lumin a month and still not up and running. Lumin may have been developed with Synology/QNAP NAS' - but better Lumin provide list of NAS models known to work well with Lumin. Also some routers with Lumin just do not work. The Lumin marketing suggests 1-2-3 easy setup, but there's a reason even some adept audio reviewers of Lumin got help setting it up.

New version of LUMIN app was submitted to App Store a few days ago. It should be released anytime now...

I have the same problem after reload the Library.

Does this coiming New version fixed this problem?

so we don't need to do anything but just wait for the update?

Thanks

One month and dead end trying to configure Lumin with NAS now thinking USB with Lumin Music Player, but Lumin dealers I've emailed know nothing about availability. Like to know if Lumin Music Server will be available in both finishes and at what price in US dollars? Thank you.

One month and dead end trying to configure Lumin with NAS now thinking USB with Lumin Music Player, but Lumin dealers I've emailed know nothing about availability. Like to know if Lumin Music Server will be available in both finishes and at what price in US dollars? Thank you.

Have you tried working with the dealer who sold the Lumin to you?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Have you tried working with the dealer who sold the Lumin to you?

Of course. My first stop. Not all is candy canes and joy for every buyer. It's been frustration from the get-go. Dealer couldn't do it and went to best tech guy he uses, then I went to QNAP's best techs with two hour phone calls and remote desktop. Still no go. Plays fine with cheap USB WD My Passport, flash drives. Of course those devices aren't the stuff of audiophile dreams, hence my asking about Lumin Music Server. Dealer won't take my Lumin back as says works with USB so no reason to accept as non-working unit. The positive = dealers out-of-state tech works at audio shop where owner says he'll send me soon a SSD setup gratis. Ah the mysterious machinations of the Lumin dealer network.

Of course. My first stop. Not all is candy canes and joy for every buyer. It's been frustration from the get-go. Dealer couldn't do it and went to best tech guy he uses, then I went to QNAP's best techs with two hour phone calls and remote desktop. Still no go. Plays fine with cheap USB WD My Passport, flash drives. Of course those devices aren't the stuff of audiophile dreams, hence my asking about Lumin Music Server. Dealer won't take my Lumin back as says works with USB so no reason to accept as non-working unit. The positive = dealers out-of-state tech works at audio shop where owner says he'll send me soon a SSD setup gratis. Ah the mysterious machinations of the Lumin dealer network.

Who is the dealer?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@Buffalo Boy

Lumin and network players are more a question of UPNP servers (software) than NAS or computers.

I have tested every available UPNP server on Lumin, Ayon, Chord and Linn, running on NAS (Synology, QNAP and others), PC and MAC.

If you want, I can help you trough email, just send me a PM.

What UPNP server are you using?

How is setup your network (physically and logically)?

To see if your UPNP server can be seen on the network, install Kinsky (free and available on Mac and PC and IOS). It is a Control Point, on the left panel, you should see you UPNP server(s), on the right panel, you should see the Lumin. What do you get?

Kind regards

Thierry

I must say, reading this thread and those on other boards, that the Lumin sounds very difficult to set up. A nice piece of hardware perhaps, but the software and integration apparently are not what they might be.

People say of Apple or Sonos products sometimes "it just works," and then wonder in the next breath why more people don't embrace "high end" audio!

People who setup their configuration at once do not come to ask for help on boards. Your conclusions are based on strange statistics: 100% of people having issues, do have issues, LOL.

For High End Audio maybe it is first a question of money and then of expectation (iTunes music store MP3 generation), don't you think?

For easy setup of Lumin, you can useMultimedia Server on a Synology NAS, Jriver on Mac and PC, Foobar on PC, Minimserver on Mac and PC. Minimserver on NAS is the only more complex configuration that I know.

Las time I helped someone with a "Network player that did not work", he just DID NOT WANT to connect an ethernet cable from his streamer to a switch because he already had an optical fiber from his internet box to his streamer. It was 2 days ago, the thread is here: Le topic des lecteurs réseau audiophiles : Musique dématérialisée - Page 58

It is far from being a unique case...

People not installing an UPNP server on their NAS, and thinking that putting music on the NAS is enough for streaming are also quite "usual".

Regards

Thierry

I must say, reading this thread and those on other boards, that the Lumin sounds very difficult to set up. A nice piece of hardware perhaps, but the software and integration apparently are not what they might be.

People say of Apple or Sonos products sometimes "it just works," and then wonder in the next breath why more people don't embrace "high end" audio!

Documentation on minimserver is good enough to make it work.

Lumin just works...and very well!

In my case I don't need minimserver at all but installed because of added features.

Synology Media Server also works using all defaults...a couple of clicks to activate and that is it!

By the way, Lumin sees other media servers on the network (Plex, XBMC, Logitech Media Server, Foobar, and the generic DLNA from JRMC)...

It's not rocket science but not as easy as Apple. However apple doesn't offer this feature set.

Dealers selling this should be able to get it working in a customer's house. Period.