IGNORED

OT.....power and net finally restored after Sandy!

Got my power and net back this Saturday finally. Things are really a mess here in the northeast Tri State area. Helped some friends on Staten Island yesterday repairing their roof and gutters. the devastation is unreal.....news feeds or photos can't convey the misery and sense of loss residents of theis battered NY borough are experiencing. Gas rationing has eased the long lines a bit and I was able to finally fill the tank today. Still no power at work though, and my vacation time is going down the toilet by the hour. Things could be worse though. Our marina is protected by a floodgate....which held thankfully. Others...not so much. We saw a half million dollar sportfisher nearly a quarter mile inland resting against a guardrail on a dead end street!

Glad to hear you are safe, we all share concern for those affected.

I made my donation to the Red Cross & Humane Society yesterday.

I encourage any with the means to donate to your chosen charrity.

Even as little as $5 can have a meaningfull effect.

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

mayhem hope all returns to some sort of normal for you.. I just got back Friday night from taking up two Honda 3000 portable generators to my daughter up in Morrisville Pa. What I saw across the river into Jersey was a real mess. Like wkhanna, donate to help those that really need it..

The Truth Is Out There

+1

Got our power back yesterday, to the relief of my wife's 3 cousins from Nevada in for her aunt's 90th birthday. Had the stereo and TV running off the generator, though close listening was out of the question with gas engine hammering away in the background.

We are tremendously fortunate compared to many. Water rose in basement but was able to plug in sump pumps to generator before anything of great consequence was lost.

Please donate and/or volunteer if you can and are so inclined. I'll probably give blood, which Red Cross has called for.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Glad to hear that basic utilities are coming back online and that you and yours are safe.

I'm a Hurricane Katrina survivor myself. I saw similar destruction first hand in Biloxi, MS.

One of the reasons I now live in the Pacific NW. It's all good here, at least until Mount Rainier erupts. :)

Hope everyone is safe... possessions can be replaced but lives you miss forever...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.