IGNORED

Barry Diament interview in AudioStream

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted but saw this article with one of the great members of this site, Barry Diament. If you haven't seen his comments on the site, he is a wealth of information and is very good at helping new members understand some pretty overwhelming concepts, myself included. Anyway here is the article. Great job Barry!

Q&A with Barry Diament of Soundkeeper Recordings | AudioStream

Hopefully no one beat me to the punch. Forgive me if this has already been posted.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted but saw this article with one of the great members of this site, Barry Diament. If you haven't seen his comments on the site, he is a wealth of information and is very good at helping new members understand some pretty overwhelming concepts, myself included. Anyway here is the article. Great job Barry!

Q&A with Barry Diament of Soundkeeper Recordings | AudioStream

Hopefully no one beat me to the punch. Forgive me if this has already been posted.

Forgive you? I thank you Bleedink as I had not known. Barry is definitely an asset around here IMO.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Forgive you? I thank you Bleedink as I had not known. Barry is definitely an asset around here IMO.

My pleasure. I agree. There are very few folks on here that dispense advice and what not without a hint of judgement. It seems there is no question too simple or complex for one to glean wisdom from him. Here's hoping more folks recognize him and he gets the attention he deserves!

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

Thanks very much for the post! Always a pleasure to hear Barry's thoughts.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Yes, nice interview.

Looking at the discography linked by the article I have about 40% of the recordings on that list. Never knew I was listening to that much of Barry's work.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

My pleasure. I agree. There are very few folks on here that dispense advice and what not without a hint of judgement. It seems there is no question too simple or complex for one to glean wisdom from him. Here's hoping more folks recognize him and he gets the attention he deserves!

Great interview and article. In this life or my next, I want to come back and work for Barry. Too bad he doesn't conduct a vacation bootcamp or dude ranch where vacationers pay to work with him for 1-2 weeks of pure fantasy.

Yes, nice interview.

Looking at the discography linked by the article I have about 40% of the recordings on that list. Never knew I was listening to that much of Barry's work.

I agree, nice interview. I don't own quite that many but I've heard most of them and also never realized. His discography is amazing!

Yet when highly experienced people from the recording industry like Barry Diament and Cookie Marenco say that they refuse to sell their high resolution recordings in Lossless formats because they don't sound as good as the originals,many people refuse to accept what they are telling us . Go figure !!!

I am 73 but I can easily hear the Barry Diament difference with his high resolution recordings, and yes, I did try Barry's format comparisons, and can hear clear improvements with the 24/192 versions.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Yet when highly experienced people from the recording industry like Barry Diament and Cookie Marenco say that they refuse to sell their high resolution recordings in Lossless formats because they don't sound as good as the originals,many people refuse to accept what they are telling us . Go figure !!!

I am 73 but I can easily hear the Barry Diament difference with his high resolution recordings, and yes, I did try Barry's format comparisons, and can hear clear improvements with the 24/192 versions.

Alex

+1

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz