IGNORED

Stockfisch-My Two Cents and recommendation

Just my two cents, BUT, if you like the music, for those of you not familiar with this label check out some of their music.

Some of the best recordings I have ever heard (except Barry's amazing Equinox, which to me is the greatest recording I have ever heard, if you like the music).

"Unfortunately", most is neither available as download except Chris Jones "Roadhouse & Automobiles" and Volumes 1 & 4 of "Closer to the Music" samplers or in high res.

Well worth a try:

http://www.highresaudio.com/artist.php?abid=47526

I think that link, if you are in America, gives you the ability to download both Volumes 1 and 4 at 44/24.

Once again, proof that "high res" doesn't have to be "high res" to sound amazing.

I have several artists who were recorded on Stockfisch label in either SACD or redbook CDs which sound excellent and convert to AIFF (my preferred format) very well. Never downloaded their computer audio files.

Thank you for the information.

Enjoy the music

Richard

Sara K.'s Hell or High Water on XRCD, no longer in print and very hard to find at a reasonable price even used and it is superb.

I happen to like the Stockfisch genre of music and find the recordings fabulous.

Give Volume I a try. If you like Mark Knopfler, give Allan Taylor a shot. Great sound and great recordings.

whether they are redbook, xrcd, SACD or BluRay. Gunter Pauler's dedication to great recording, minimalist eq, etc shows in each and every album. I am partial to Sara K's work, especially my fave, Water Falls (redbook), her Hell Or High Water SACD and her Made In The Shade SACD/Blu-ray. But a real sleeper is her Live in Concert (redbook) album with Chris Jones. The ambiance and dynamics of the simple live setup is quite good.

Another example of fine rendition by a label, pardon my OT, is the recordings of Holly Cole. Of course there are many others but the OP is focusing on Stockfisch and understandably so. That's one of many reasons for finding others who insist Hi-Res trumps other formats a limiting and narrow perspective with Stockfisch' catalogue as a fine counter example.

Best,

Richard