IGNORED

Controlling a Music Server via iPad Remotely - Is it Possible??

If I have a Laptop / Netbook (using Foobar2000 for HiRes FLAC Files / iTunes for Apple Lossless / Spotify) connected via a DAC into my Roksan Caspian Amplifiers is there any way I can control what music is played using any of these applications via my iPad?

What I am trying to achieve is total remote control of my Laptop / Netbook via an iPad without having to keep getting up and change tracks / albums directly on the music server containing the music.

Ideally I want to keep my FLAC and Apple Lossless file seperatly so I can manage and see what I have in each file format.

Alternatively if I was to change to J.River Media Centre using Windows 7.....would I be able to get Jriver to show me just the FLAC Files or just the Apple Lossless files or does it just bundle them all together. I know there is an app for the iPad called PlugPlayer but not sure if this allows full control via iPad.

What I am trying to achieve is the ability control music via the PC to HiFi System without any additonal outlay (i.e. NAS Drive / SqueezeBox Touch or Sonos etc).

Can anybody help with this??

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!! THANK YOU OP FOR ASKING THE QUESTION AND REALHIFI FOR PROVIDING THE ANSWER!!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW!

I INSTALLED iTUNES "REMOTE" AND WAJAWNO, I HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL FROM MY OLD iPOD TOUCH! COMPLETE WITH VOLUME CONTROL!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

(Deep breath Brian, take your medication.)

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

You can actually add a plugin to Foobar enabling it to be controlled with the Apple remote.app

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.