IGNORED

DCS Delius - Audioaero PRIMA SE converter

Hi im new to streaming :)

I have a few questions, i hope you can help me with.

I have a pass int30a and would like to use the ballanced inputs, and i have been looking for dac´s. I have currently a young dac on loan. But it doesn't have ballanced out. And my budget is limited. So i have been looking for old used dac´s and 2 look interesting

DCS Delius and Audioaero PRIMA SE converter

I have contacted the seller of the Delius, and he tels me, that is the firewire version, and it has the newest firmware. Is it possible to use this strait from to computer with firewire?

With the Prima i would think a M2Tech Evo would be in place? Maybe also with the Delius if the firewire can´t be used.

As i know they both support 24/192 input, so i would think, that they both could be god options for todays hires streaming?

If you have any troughs or input of any sort i would appreciate you input

Hi Langendorf,

I own the Delius, so I comment on this one.

First of all, the firewire connection is proprietary, and does not act as a device for the computer.

So you would need an external usb/firewire/ethernet to spdif converter.

Then, the Delius does accept 24/192 from dual/aes connections only (except for firewire, but from another dCS product, not a computer). So, this limits your choice of interfaces to basically Weiss or dCS products. If you are budget limited, this will be a tough road (the Weiss int202 is still relatively affordable).

Finally, the Delius without the Purcell upsampler does not sound that good, if you plan to use its volume control. But the Pass amp sure should be a good match.

Hth,

Elp

Hi Elprior

That out rules the delius :/

The pass is a integrated amp, so i will not be using the dac as a pre.

But thanks for your relpy. i thought that it supported 24/192 with aes or coax at least

The weiss is sadly way over my budget.

Do you have any thoughts on other dac´s i should be looking at?

I can't help you much with dacs.

I may change my current dCS combo, but with either a Weiss, a MSB or the dac section of the Devialet D-Premier :)

Right now I'm comparing several spdif interfaces before deciding to make a move. This test includes the BelCanto UsbLink (currently owned), the HiFace, the HiFace Evo, the Weiss Int202 and (the soon to be released, so I hope) Sonicweld Diverter 192.

If the Young dac does behave like the HiFace(s), you may need to wait for the product to break-in (at least 100 to 200 hours I am told by my retailer) before jumping to a conclusion.

In any case, you ought to listen at home, and consider external comments as hints merely (even here on CA), except for features inquiry (as you did).

Elp

Just to throw a few names in, which might be of interest:

Grace M903

Mytek DAC 192 (DSD) (should be in shops at around august AFAIK)

both sport USB (the Mytek even 'Firewire') and support samplingrates up to 192/24.

The Antelope series would be also worth investigation in, and I#m sure other will keep some appoproate names coming ;-)

Cheers

Harald

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

I am playing at home with the young dac. And it have been on for the last week. I did hear dramatic changes the first 24 hours. But i cant get out of my head that i want ballanced ;)

I have heard the weiss, and it sounds really good, but its out of my price range.

that is why im looking for used dac´s Im current have a benchmark dac, but im not satisfied with it.

Hi Synfreak

i havent heard about the mytek. I will do some searching! I dont have firewire, at the moment. But a firewire card can be bought cheap if that is necessary.

I have been looking at the antelope gold. But that is still a bit much. But i have sent some mails to get some prices. I have heard that it should be really good

very interested in this thread...

best regards

André

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)