IGNORED

Speaker Brand???

Ethan

Question

I have 2 floor standing speakers, they are titled Pro Audio, (not audio pro). And I can’t find anything about them, they have a 12 inch main with a tweeter in each, and we’re bought in the early 2000’s. Supposedly they were $1500 each, they’re liquid cooled apparently, 8ohm impedance. Help!

12 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I have 2 floor standing speakers, they are titled Pro Audio, (not audio pro). And I can’t find anything about them, they have a 12 inch main with a tweeter in each, and we’re bought in the early 2000’s. Supposedly they were $1500 each, they’re liquid cooled apparently, 8ohm impedance. Help!

Got a photo?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’d say it’s a no name brand sold in parking lots for 100x the actual cost. 

Yeah probably, but they still sound pretty dang good, especially with a sub hooked up

44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’d say it’s a no name brand sold in parking lots for 100x the actual cost. 

I’m thinking about getting a new 12 inch sub, but I don’t know a whole lot about brands these days. I like crisp, realistic sounding subs. I’m thinking about klipsch as they seem to be more sound accurate. What do you think?

JL Audio make very good accurate subs 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, Ethan said:

I’m thinking about getting a new 12 inch sub, but I don’t know a whole lot about brands these days. I like crisp, realistic sounding subs. I’m thinking about klipsch as they seem to be more sound accurate. What do you think?

JL - https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/home-audio-dominion

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/home-audio

Dominion I'd the "inexpensive" line  there are more.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

15 hours ago, Ethan said:

This is a very helpful compendium of subwoofer measurements:

https://bit.ly/SubwooferComparison

FWIW, I’ve home auditioned a variety of subwoofers, and I settled on a sealed SVS model.