IGNORED

Rpi Volumio alternatives for large libraries

Over the last year I have mostly migrated from LMS and Roon, to Minimserver on my NAS and my Melco N1.  This is all done with UPNP.  Volumio on the endpoint does not manage the library.   I use one of many control points, jPlay, mConnect, and others.  (Including Home Assistant!)

Right the main system has a Lumin D2 and the office is a set of KEF LEXII LT both of which work fine in this environment.    

My ATMOS system uses Apple Music and Jriver, on a dedicated M1 Macmini

Also Jriver should be able to manage that size of a library.

RJF

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

Have you tried running MinimServer on your NAS and used UPnP endpoint ?

Yes. I use minimserver as a backup to JRiver when steaming over UPnP to the rendu. With my Pi configured now as an end point, I can use minimserver in the same fashion. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

5 hours ago, bobfa said:

Also Jriver should be able to manage that size of a library.

I mostly play into HQPlayer Embedded, which I point at the NAA installation on one of the Rendus or, now, the Ropieee Pi4.

i can use Minimserver, JRiver, or any other DLNA player as the HQPlayer front end. I strongly prefer JRiver’s to the several other options that I have because I like the interface, it has avoided some multi-volume set library errors that befall MinimServer and because it hasn’t choked yet in the immense library. It’s hip to knock JRiver, but I don’t have issues with it usually and, when I have had them, the forum at JRiver has produced adequate tech support.  I am a fan. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s