IGNORED

Building the ultimate Roon core / HQPlayer (for upsampling)

dusk

Hi! I recently got a Holo Red and KTE May and have been experimenting with HQPlayer via Roon

I'm playing everything off my MBP right now and it's obviously not the best (stutters sometimes PCM, barely plays PCM>DSD)

I want to build a music server that will run Roon core and HQPlayer and be able to handle whatever upsampling task I throw at it easily (without causing internal case noise)

Looks like I'll want to take advantage of CUDA, ya?

I poked around on the forums and the internet but haven't found a good build guide.  Is there one available? Is this a good idea?

I was thinking something like an HDPlex H5 with an Nvidia GPU and HDPlex passive GPU heatsink (or something!). Maybe all I need is a Mac Studio or Mini?  

Can someone point me in the right direction to a build guide or something.  Am I thinking about this the right way?

Thank you for reading my post. :)

main Beefy Gaming PC > Roon > HQPlayer DSD512 ASDM7EC-super 512+fs sinc-long > Holo Red > Holo May KTE > Pass XP-27 > Pass XA-25 > Zu Audio Definition IV > Zu Audio Event Interconnects

work m1MBP > Roon > HQPlayer 24/192 PCM NS9 poly-sinc-gauss-xla > regular ass USB 3.0 cable > RME Fireface UFX III > Grimm AES cable > Genelec 8361a + w371a

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

This is what I did to run HQPlayer Embedded. I bought a machine from Puget systems that includes 64GB of RAM, a 4090 GPU for CUDA, and an AMD 7950X.

I have bought my systems from Puget Systems as well and they have always done a nice job.  I'm curious why you wen with AMD instead of Intel specifically for HQ Player?  I'm thinking of a new i9/4090 combination but for a desktop solution that then feeds my NAA.  

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)