IGNORED

Release of Sonic Orbiter Operating System v2.9 for the Rendu Series

On 7/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, vortecjr said:

2. The Kernel has a new low latency USB stack that reworks the way playback starts.

Will playback start faster when using Roon?

On 7/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, vortecjr said:

6. Long term our plan is to remove servers from the Rendu series as they are better suited to run on Sonic Orbiter Operating System for the Transport series.

You mean adding storage on the SonicTransporter ? (Which has been possible for a long time).

On 7/22/2023 at 4:32 PM, vortecjr said:

I would have to coordinate with Andrew this week.

Planned release ?

16 minutes ago, esmit said:

So what is the special?

I don’t know more than this. And ordered. It’s more or less paying for shipping and the memory. But of cause why not over the air ? 

Dear Music Enthusiast,

Sonore and Small Green Computer are thrilled to announce the release of Sonicorbiter OS Version 2.9 for the Sonore Rendu Series Players.  

A few reasons why Version 2.9 is amazing:

1. The new version adds supports more DSD devices.

2. The new version has a new low latency USB stack that reworks the way playback starts.

3. Cleaning up the new version by removing legacy software that no longer builds correctly (Songcast, YMPD, and Logitech Media Server).

4. This version supports our long term plan to move remote servers away from the Rendu series and on to the sonicTransporter series products where they are much better suited.  

We are offering our customers two options on how you can get this latest software release. 

Option 1 - Get the release for free:

To get the release for free, we ask that you write a forum review of your Sonore Rendu Series player online.  A few of the great many places to write about your Sonore Rendu Series player include (but not limited to):

Once your forum review is complete, simply go to the below webform, fill it out, and we will send you a discount code to get your upgrade for free.  Note - limit one per customer and that this offer is for a limited time.  

Option 2 - Pay $29 for your software upgrade (free standard shipping)

Your software upgrade will be shipped for free via USPS.  Expedited shipping options are also available.  

Best regards,

Andrew

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Please note the reasons listed above as it was just updated and understand that this is not a mandatory update for anyone.  

Will the Rendu’s ever be fully OTA ? And if no, why not ?

Can you explain why chosen the OS on a memory card instead of other ways ?

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I have not mention storage on the Sonic Transporter so I'm not sure what you are asking.

4. This version supports our long term plan to move remote servers away from the Rendu series and on to the sonicTransporter series products where they are much better suited.  

Im trying to understand the meaning of this. Maybe @agillis is more suited to elaborate?

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, PhMZ4 said:

Indeed, but press on the Sonictransport thumbnail and launch SonicOrbiter 2.9 update… this should do the job

I don’t think a 2.9 version of sonicOrbiter for soncTransporter has been announced yet.

Not sure it will ever be one. 

Anyway the question was related to HQplayer version availability. 

On 3/5/2024 at 2:21 PM, vortecjr said:

Try removing and reinstalling the app. This way you can see what it does. 

Are you saying removing the HQplayer on a sonicTransporter 2.8 and then reinstalling HQplayer, I will get the new 5.5 version? There is no need for a 2.9 version at all ?
If so, what will happen to my fingerprint?

How do I upgrade, as I have no file, only the fingerprint itself?

If anyone has a sonicTransporter and not using or have a valid HQplayer license, confirm that sonicOrbiter version 2.8 will upgrade to HQplayer 5.5.0 ?

You may not have HQplayer installed, so just add HQplayer as an available app, and report version. Then delete HQplayer. 

1 minute ago, John K said:

I took the plunge and removed the Hqplayer on Sonictransporter version 2.8 and reinstalled the Hqplayer.

The HQplayer remained as before..(4.35 version) and now I have issues with the key authentication.

I have sent inquiries to Jussi for a possible fix.

So in order to get the new 5.5 version should I contact Small greeen computer for a an update to sonictransporter version 2.9 and than update to 5.5?

Thanks. My suspicion was confirmed. 

11 minutes ago, John K said:

So in order to get the new 5.5 version should I contact Small greeen computer for a an update to sonictransporter version 2.9 and than update to 5.5?

Yes, you must contact SGCin order to get the 2.9. I did. The normal procedure is send in the unit, and pay $100 plus’s shipping. 

When it come to HQplayer upgrading, I have as many questions as most others. I expect they’re working on this issue.

I suspect only 2.9 will work with 5.5.0. That’s fine. The big question is how to get the discounted upgrade without a file. Or do you happen to have a file ? What was the price with discount in $ without tax ?

1 hour ago, John K said:

I actually have a key file as my sonictransporter i9 optical did not come with hqplayer key and I had to buy one separately.

So I can actually get a discounted upgrade but not sure if I will as the 2.8 version does not provide the hqplayer 5.5 version. 

When I deleted the hqplayer and reinstalled it, it lost the previous key

authentication and I thought I could reauthenticate it by uploading the key but deleting and reinstalling process must have changed the fingerprint as I cannot get it to change from trial to full version.. 

You just need to upgrade to 2.9. Then it’s solved in your specific case. Agree ?

• 1 month later...

Maybe we should have a tread for SonicTransporter with sonicOrbiter 2.9 ?

@vortecjr

It seems Roon Early Access won’t update on my sonicTransporter 2.9. Was working before on 2.8. 
Can you or @agillis check if there may be an error here in new 2.9 SW ?

Have anyone got the update 4.05 to their 2.9 ?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-arc-build-number-status/215059

Maybe I’m not patient enough? Update was released 2 days ago. Arc and Roon app was quick to update.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/how-to-force-update-roon-server-on-sonictransporter/271618

Also @vortecjr and @agillis, there seems to be an minor error with HQPlayer. 

It stats trail, but I have a licence. However it's working, so I assume the issue is only related to how this is displayed.

I also have after last update discovered error that I assume is internal. See picture. The error continues after reboot.

Not sure if @Miska need to be involved in this. 

Edit:
The HQPlayer problem is a bit more serious.

It looks like I can access/login to HQPlayer, but I can't access any menus or click on anything. Frozen.  

Edit2:
Power sonicTransporter off got HQPlayer back. Normal reboot not.

image.png.8c945bbc48332fa7ccf34c4b25293988.png

IMG_3385.jpeg