IGNORED

which power supply for motherboard SOTM sMB-Q370 + clock sCLK-EX 24/25

Hello

I'm building a music server with a SOTM sMB-Q370 board + clock sCLK-EX 24/25 and a CPU core I5 9500.

I'd like to know if the HDPLEX 400 DC ATX HIFI converter is enough and how much power do you need?

Are there any linear power supplies to run it?

thank you for your feedback

cpasmoi

16 minutes ago, Nenon said:

Yes, the HDPlex should have plenty of power for this combo. 

Several years ago, you could look at the CPU TDP, add a little bit of headroom, and you are all set. 

These days the CPU TDP is completely useless. You can see a 95W TDP CPU that peaks at 350W. 

Having said that, your 65W TDP CPU should be okay with a 200W power supply. And the HDPlex at 400W has plenty of power. 

Yes, there are plenty of choices out there.

However, the best option I've heard to power a motherboard / CPU below 100W is a DIY Unregulated Power Supply and the Taiko DC to DC ATX. And I have heard many! It's a lot more expensive than the HDPlex, but it's also in a completely different league. 

There are many linear power supplies out there (I build some too) but nothing gets close to a good unregulated linear power supply + the GaN regulated Taiko DC to DC ATX.

Some people may argue about that (especially manufacturers who have vested interest in their linear power supplies), and that's fine. I am just sharing my experience. 

@cpasmoi As someone who started out with an HDPlex LPS and their 800W DC/ATX I can 100% attest to Nenon’s comment that the ULPS and Taiko DC/ATX is in a completely different ballpark.  I am using the Sotm MB and SCLKEX as well. If you can swing it is well worth the expense.

Good luck with your build.

Mike

IMG_6923.jpeg

Thank you for your feedback

To explain my system 
I have a Host server on a Classic motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5700 G cpu and 2 jcat Xe certes in network and usb.
The whole system is connected to a quadruple linear power supply made on 33mesure using toroidy Supremes audio transformers, and you can hear it. 
24 Volt 8 A for the server with a Hdplex 400 hi-fi 
2 x 5 Volt 3 A for each card 
And 12 volt 3 A for the internet box

The target Diretta PC is being built on the basis of a SOtM motherboard and a Core I5 9500 CPU, and the clock is also connected to the Hdplex 400 hi-fi converter.
And I'm having trouble booting it 
With a 300-watt power supply via Hdplex, it switches on and off. 

I took a 400 W power supply from a Bquiet desktop PC and if I connect the 24 pin ATX + the 8 pin to the Cpu and the clock, it starts up and shuts down.

I persist

I connect the 24 pin + the clock, it starts and stays on, then I connect the Cpu and I have access to the Biis.
Strange way of connecting 
2 IT professionals tell me that the power supply isn't powerful enough and that a minimum of 550 W is required, which tells me that the HDplex 400 isn't enough and that I need to upgrade to the HDplex 800.

On the SOtM site, the technical specifications indicate that a minimum of 550 W is required. 
I'm skeptical about this performance and I think the card is flawed.

What do you think? 
Not me