IGNORED

JPLAY IOS long term

I switch between audirvana Origin and JPLAY/Minimserver, the former for what of a better description sounds 'better' but the margins are very small.

After about a month, back on Jplay iOS v 1.09, during that time, the library disks were increased in size to 16 TB, network adapters combined for fault tolerance and load balancing. Minimserver needed to work out two drives to one, so took a bit of time to create a new index, about two hours or so.

Jplay version went to 1.09, after the indexing was finished for both, Jplay just 'works'.

Transition from DSD to PCM is a lot smoother, no 'waiting on renderer' and tracks can be selected on the fly.

Search is very good, I don't mind the 'see more' if the album I'm looking for from artist doesn't show the particular album to play, it's quick. 

All in all, the bugs are gone, I don't play Qobuz, just local files.

I was wondering if there was a method to save all settings, so if there's a new version, the renderer settings are retained, since this doesn't change much, whereas everything else could. On iOS, the file management is not great, maybe an app to restore? Or is the settings page for the renderer enough to copy into a screen shot and that's it? 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Spoke too soon. Was comparing SACD player to Jplay, switching inputs on the amplifier (all analog) and DAC-40 in the E-480. Usually the DAC 'keeps running' and the selector switches the analog out in the preamp. Well Jplay kinda lost it. Turned the Lumin off and on, still no go. Reinstalled JPLAY from scratch, now it works. 

Back to Audirvana Origin, getting sick of temperamental remotes, Audirvana is another case, can't decide on portrait or landscape, so will remote desktop to the server and play from there. Digital audio is not as robust as often cited.

Saw an ad for an Oppo BP-105 for sale, I have one of these and trying it out after at least 5 years of no use, it's not bad at all. Far better than the Yamaha CDS-2100, or the Sony UX-800. My model doesn't have a USB input, but it's fine for SACD/CD playing.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA