IGNORED

Tracks are auto-skipping

J_andrews

Hi guys. I had same problem with tracks changing randomly. I'm using also jplay femto and was assign manually CPU affirmation to different core them app default tracks been skipping a lot. Change to default value. This improve but not fully. Replaced power strip with filtration system and this solved my issue. Why? Dunno.

My network are 4x buffalo switches, edgerouter router and modem. Hope this help someone 

After switching to 1.07 I noticed that my daughter had touched my waversa switch and had switched me to 1G ethernet instead of 100M I had been using until then.

I just tested tonight and noticed that indeed by keeping the switch to router leg at 1G, the issue seems to disappear (so far no issue, but it's not been long enough). I don't know why it happens only with quobuz as it's not a bitrate issue but at least it seems that this may caused by some network issues.

I must admit that I have been having skipping on qobuz for quite some times (since I started with quobuz 1 year ago) with bubble upnp/jplay and with euphony stylus but recently it has been a lot more frequent and faster to appear every time I start playing audio.

Recently with Jplay was terrible. Switching to 1.07 and then to 1GB ethernet did improve the situation a lot so I think Marcin did something that helps address the situation, whether it was a jplay for ios, a qobuz issue or my network problem.

I now still have regular (but not systematic) skipping and listening to music is again possible. I'll switch back to euphony to try to see if I have the problem with same frequency.

I personally hope it's a jplay for ios issue because I have faith in Marcin to sort it out if so, but I fear you might be right Chris and that there are other variables into play

On 2/4/2023 at 2:12 AM, bbc802 said:

I must admit that I have been having skipping on qobuz for quite some times (since I started with quobuz 1 year ago) with bubble upnp/jplay and with euphony stylus but recently it has been a lot more frequent and faster to appear every time I start playing audio.

Recently with Jplay was terrible. Switching to 1.07 and then to 1GB ethernet did improve the situation a lot so I think Marcin did something that helps address the situation, whether it was a jplay for ios, a qobuz issue or my network problem.

I now still have regular (but not systematic) skipping and listening to music is again possible. I'll switch back to euphony to try to see if I have the problem with same frequency.

I personally hope it's a jplay for ios issue because I have faith in Marcin to sort it out if so, but I fear you might be right Chris and that there are other variables into play

1Gbit ethernet connection is definitely a good move

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

So I finally got confirmation that the skipping on qobuz is not specific to jplay for ios or jplay as it happened on euphony stylus as well.

I still can't understand though why 1Gbps would be necessary to play 24/44.1khz music and 100Mbps not enough as there is nothing other than my streamer connected to the switch. I'll try another switch and direct to router to see if that changes things

Anyone else still having issues with tracks skipping in Qobuz using JPLAY for iOS?

switching to Ver 1.0.9 solved the “sending to renderer” issues I was having from Ver 1.0.8, but it reintroduced the track skipping from Ver 1.0.7.

is the consensus that this is really a Qobuz issue?

thanks

JS

• 1 month later...

Is there an update on this issue?  I emailed log files again this week for review but have not heard back from anyone at JPLAY.  I find it interesting that this thread has gone silent and I get no feedback from them.  I feel this software release was a cash grab and now is becoming vaporware.

2 minutes ago, fourxmotion said:

Is there an update on this issue?  I emailed log files again this week for review but have not heard back from anyone at JPLAY.  I find it interesting that this thread has gone silent and I get no feedback from them.  I feel this software release was a cash grab and now is becoming vaporware.

Huh?

A cash grab? Perhaps you should consider how many years of work went into creating this and the headaches involved, plus the miniscule amount of money being made. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, fourxmotion said:

My apologies, my response is out of frustration with the lack of communication from JPLAY support.  I give them the log files they request but they never give an update.  Overall it is a nice app but the skipping with Qobuz makes it unusable.

No worries. We've all been there :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

To be very honest, I'm wondering at that stage whether this actually is a jplay for ios issue or if it's not rather linked to jplay/jplay femto. 

I need to test jplay for ios with something else than jplay femto but I am a bit lazy to install audiolinux to test with a different upnp renderer and server.

I have not been experiencing any issue on euphony since I last switched to it although I did experience problems at the beginning of this thread, so I don't know what to think of it.

I'll soon try again jplay.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No worries. We've all been there :~)

I work in IT and know how people can react when something does not work.  Knowledge to the end user we understand you are having an and we are working diligently on a fix.  Give them periodic updates to your request.  Going dark will make people feel you don't care.

35 minutes ago, bbc802 said:

To be very honest, I'm wondering at that stage whether this actually is a jplay for ios issue or if it's not rather linked to jplay/jplay femto. 

I need to test jplay for ios with something else than jplay femto but I am a bit lazy to install audiolinux to test with a different upnp renderer and server.

I have not been experiencing any issue on euphony since I last switched to it although I did experience problems at the beginning of this thread, so I don't know what to think of it.

I'll soon try again jplay.

I added Audirvana to my playback routine and have no issue with Quboz.  Same with Roon and Mconnect.

On my side, I took time to reinstall audirvana but once done I've been able to test audirvana connected to jplay through upnp on a single machine and I did experience some issues with qobuz (track playing indefinitely, track stops playing). 

I personally think on my side that the issue is more on the jplay femto side.

I am currently using the jplay driver in audirvana instead of accessing it through upnp and no issue so far.

Last thing I'll try will be with WiFi as supported throughput is much higher with WiFi than ethernet.

Now that I have setup a new virtual disk with win 19 server desktop for audirvana, I can use it to activate WiFi which I couldn't do on win 19 core.

I'll update if it solves problems with Jplay for IOS and qobuz for me

Barnabe