IGNORED

Tracks are auto-skipping

J_andrews

Hello

this is my first post at Audiophile Style.

I’ve been using the JPLAY app for about a week and have been pretty happy so far.   I understand it’s in development still.  I’m also happy to help support someone who is trying to make the app great so I come with some amount of patience. 
My setup is pretty simple.

Currently it’s an Ifi Zen Stream > spdif > Border Patrol Dac > Amp.

I’m only streaming .  No Roon, no local files.

I use Qobuz and Tidal.

I would estimate that at least 50% of the music I play in JPLAY skips to the next track on its own.  So if I’m playing a record , it’s rare I can get through and entire song without it skipping to the next track. 
It actually just happened again as I was typing that last sentence !
What is going on with that?

Ive tried adjusting the Update Time up and down in the settings for the streamer but it makes no difference.

I was using M-Connect with Qobuz before I downloaded JPLAY and while I really didn’t like that interface at all, I never had skipping. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks 

JS

1 minute ago, J_andrews said:

Hello

I’ve been using the JPLAY app for about a week and have been pretty happy so far.   I understand it’s in development still.  I’m also happy to help support someone who is trying to make the app great so I come with some amount of patience. 

I use Qobuz and Tidal.

I would estimate that at least 50% of the music I play in JPLAY skips to the next track on its own.  So if I’m playing a record , it’s rare I can get through and entire song without it skipping to the next track. 

Ive tried adjusting the Update Time up and down in the settings for the streamer but it makes no difference.

I was using M-Connect with Qobuz before I downloaded JPLAY and while I really didn’t like that interface at all, I never had skipping. 

thanks 

JS

Do both Qobuz and Tidal skip the same?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, J_andrews said:

Hello

I use Qobuz and Tidal.

thanks 

JS

Try update 20, and check if that help.

If that does not help, please enable logs, start playing, and when that happen, send us the logs to "[email protected]", so we can analyse your problem.

Same problem for me with Qobuz, tracks skip before ends

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

Hello

I have been using JPLAY for IOS since it's release with a Bricasti M1SE DAC.  It has been great.  Makes Roon sound broken.  The only issue I have is random skipping from both Quboz and my local library.  It will be playing a track and then just jump to the next one.  When I go back into the APP it shows that is still playing the original one.  I have tried the Update setting at 1, 10 and 100 but I still experience the same issue.

Thank you.

Fyi

The random track skipping is still happening for me with Qobuz on JPLAY for iOS.  I’ve settled on “20” for the Update Time.  It’s a lot less frequent than it was, but I don’t think this should be happening at all.

Question:  as far as sending in the logs, should they be deleted and refreshed often so the instances of skipping are more obvious?

While it's not exactly skipping the whole track, I have been experiencing some strange behaviours of track either skipping or restarting some time earlier in the song before moving to the next.

I'm using jplay with jplay ios app and have found that if I put gapless playback, I need to have a long update time (I'm currently with 1200) for minimal issues on track skipping but if I don't have gapless playback I need to put the update time to 1.

I however don't have problem with my local library, and as many of you mentioned, maybe only with qobuz (I'll play more tidal in the coming days to check)

Hi guys, would anyone be able to let me know how I can get the jplay ios app/jplay to marcin and team as I can't see where/how to get these logs.

I've improved my skipping situation by decreasing the dac link to 1 with long refresh time on jplay ios side but it leads to other issues so maybe I should contribute to providing Marcin with proper logs. BTW, if that's of any significance, skipping does not happen on my library (internal ssd). And a lot less on tidal.