IGNORED

Article: Reevaluating My Music Storage

Treating the digital stereo as an appliance that needs to be serviced with power, connectivity, data storage, backup helps the process.  Applying good IT practices make this pretty simple to think about.  In my case the compute side is a Mac Mini the external storage and the DAC.  In your case your core is the Merging gear with a laptop for compute.  Can you take the laptop out and use something headless or at least different?  A Mac Studio or a new M2 Pro Mac Mini as the core.  

I am getting pretty comfortable with Luna Display on my iPad Pro.  The Keyboard folio and Apple Pencil are pretty ideal.

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

10 hours ago, bobfa said:

I am getting pretty comfortable with Luna Display on my iPad Pro.  The Keyboard folio and Apple Pencil are pretty ideal.

I'd love to know more. 

If I can put a M2 Mini behind the wall and use an iPad for display, it would be ideal. I don't want a MacBook, but so far it's what I have and thought I needed. 

What would be awesome, is if I could use my iPad Pro as a connected display via Thunderbolt / USB C, and it worked just like a monitor. I'd put the Mini under my side table and call it a day. I just don't think the current solutions are that good, but I could be very wrong.

I am sitting here with the iPad as the keyboard and display for my Mac mini.  Look Ma No-Wires!

IMG_0623.thumb.jpeg.1958983ff4ef75c9a1c562455c768558.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm sure my family woud love when I install fire supression system :~)

I would bet that the biometric security system would come first in their love!  Keypad and retina scanner on the fridge.  DNA scanner on the stairs to the listening room!  Someone would have to feed and take care of the guard dogs on the basement data center.

Maybe just add some drives and a TB cache to the NAS!  Back the whole thing up to cold storage and go back to listening!