JPLAY 1.0.5 is now available:

- Alternative sync method, that allows app to properly sync data with even more servers(LMS and others);

- Bug fixes and improvements;

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I should also note that JPLAY for iOS has a partner program for manufacturers. If people want to see manufacturers of their hardware support JPLAY for iOS, they may want to reach out to the manufacturers. I know they listen to customers about this stuff. They are often too busy to follow the developments themselves. 

https://jplay.app/partner-program

Thank you, Chris

The partner program will be named 'JPLAY Certified'. I will announce more details soon. 

14 hours ago, steveoat said:

I have been running jplay ios on a Mac Mini M1.  Its running well, but I notice that the album cover images are huge.  Is there any way to reduce their size?

We will look into this. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 1/14/2023 at 10:32 PM, Runsilent said:

JPlay will not detect my Lumin L1 as a library whereas my non Lumin apps such as Linn detect it no problem. I’ve tried refreshing manually and rebooting my iPad. i suspect it’s a similar issue that affected earlier versions of JPlay not detecting Lumin streamers. Is there something else I should be trying? Otherwise, perhaps Peter and Marcin can look into this. It’s not a deal breaker, just curious if there’s a possible fix.

Which build did you install?

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

On 1/15/2023 at 12:43 AM, Mike Rubin said:

Installed 1.0.5. Initially updated 1.0.4, but still had missing art after deleting the cache, so uninstalled and then did a clean installation. 

Took a few minutes, but 1.0.5 found JRiver and LMS in addition to minimserver, which it always finds immediately. LMS folder view was available immediately, but I then scanned the library, as well.  That was amazingly fast and it did not appear there were major problems. (A few of the albums in the "recently added" listing on the home screen did not display art, but the same albums had the correct artwork on the full, alphabetical album listing, so no big deal.) 

Then, because I prefer JRiver to LMS as my primary library, I removed LMS. The app did not crash afterwards. So far, so good! 

I then added JRiver as the library.  Folder view was available immediately, but I did not spend time with it. I scanned the library instead. It took longer than I recall it taking previously, but completed without incident. Unfortunately there still are many albums without art.  

I emailed 1.0.4 logs yesterday that captured events when I clicked on the albums that did not have art. I will send missing art logs for 1.0.5 later today. 

You are making progress, especially with LMS DLNA libraries! 

Thank you for the report, Mike

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 6:12 PM, Easterman said:

Do you have any plans to offer support for more streaming services?

I would love to see support for Apple Music as it has some music not available elsewhere.

I have Tidal and Qobuz, both no longer have for example Macy Gray : Stripped, an excellent album! And it is available on Apple Music which I also subscribe to, to be able to listen to those albums.

I could enable Airplay on my moOde 7.6 installation, but last time I tried that, it ended up with Jplay not being able to play to moode after having finished Airplay.

I have just updated to moOde 8.2.5, but I am having the same incompatibility with Jplay, I need to restart the moOde instance after Airplaying to be able to get Jplay to successfully stream to it again.

Jplay skips the songs, and I can see the “handshake” on my Metrum DAC is blinking like mad, trying to get a proper “handshake”. Knowing this, I dont Airplay anymore.

It was not a problem before I switched to Jplay when I used BubbleUPNP Server. I could Airplay or play via any steaming app to moOde, switching between them no problem. To be able to have Apple Music in the Jplay app would therefore be nice, and maybe solve the problem I hope.

Keep up the excellent work!

Apple Music does not seem to allow playing tracks to UPnP renderers.

I will look into why there is a need to restart moode after playing airplay.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, stefano_mbp said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that Mola Mola Tambaqui can do UPNP, it’s Roon only

I wouldn't be 100% sure. There is an alternative app which might use UPnP: https://www.mola-mola.nl/remote.php

So I'd recommend trying JPLAY app and see if it detects Mola Mola DAC.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

I tried "Safe Transition Mode" and am still having the same problem.  What else do you suggest I try?

It could be that your router updated firmware and that update disabled some features. Not likely, but please check that ICMP and IGMP are enabled on your router

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, CJA said:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I purchased the iOS JPLAY app today and I'm trying to find out if there is a page that describes the settings that are available. I think I'm probably searching for information and examples for the "metadata and sync options."

I've got a Lumin L1 and Qobuz account and JPLAY displays each library on its own via the "Qobuz"  and "Local Network" fine but the "My Library" view has a couple of things I'd like to better organize - artist names that start with "The" for example.

Qobuz library results display and sort by "The" but my Lumin L1 library with artists tagged "(Artist), The" are sorted as only having the main name and omitting "The."  Then "The" has its own entry in the list and under it are what looks like all the artists that have a ", The" tag.

The only other thing I noticed is a case where I don't have a particular artist's albums in either my Qobuz or Lumin library but the artist shows up under the artist view possibly because that artist name is in the actual album title metadata of a title on my L1.

Hi @CJA

All settings are described directly in the app. 

If you don't understand metadata options it's probably better to leave at default. 

I will discuss 'The' case with my partner. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New JPLAY iOS App Update Brings TIDAL MAX Integration!

tidalmax.thumb.jpg.3ce1ab61868ae2900f9cc6f04dcda5c7.jpgJPLAY_TidalMAX.thumb.jpg.926a7aae8dc767e3bf4816478e2207b7.jpg

Hey everyone,

I'm super excited to share some great news for all JPLAY iOS app users out there! The latest JPLAY app update (version 1.0.14) has just rolled out, and it's a game-changer – we now have TIDAL MAX integration!

For those who are keen on high-fidelity audio, TIDAL MAX is a real treat. It delivers audio quality up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, which is a step up even from TIDAL Master.

If you're looking to take your music experience to the next level, make sure to update your JPLAY app to the latest version. It's available now in the App Store for devices running iOS, iPadOS, and MacOS (M1 CPU or later).

Here’s the link to get it: https://apps.apple.com/pl/app/jplay/id1608773457

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this update!

Cheers!

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

23 hours ago, Easterman said:

Hi Marcin,

any albums you can recommend for trying out Max?, all I see is the M logo, and Masters which seem to be mqa 

All the best

They are all marked M - both MQA and Hi-Rez. I know this is confusing, but Tidal does not have a method of knowing before playback actually starts. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 8:18 AM, dericchan1 said:

@Marcin_gps hello Marvin, question re: jplay iOS, I thought jplay iOS was supposed to be just transferring qobuz tracks to the upnp renderer - in my case, hqplayer embedded. Is it normal that I can actually control volume from jplay iOS ?? I just found out the volume bar is not at max and can be adjust up or down.

Thanks

Deric

IMG_8972.jpeg

You can control volume from the app if Audio Output (renderer) supports it :) 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 weeks later...