IGNORED

Immersive Album Of The Evening

As my system is coming together, I am thrilled with what I hear.  Last evening I started listening to a favorite:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-visit/1448535597

Also in TrueHD

https://pureaudiorecordings.com/en/product/loreena-mckennitt-the-visit-the-definitive-edition-limited-edition/

Switching between the CD 2-channel version and the two ATMOS versions is very interesting.

image.png.7f7df35951a4b3c7e503cc136b0075ac.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As a card-carrying,  knuckle-dragging audiophile, I never thought I'd say this, but Apple Music is now my favorite streaming service becuase of all these Atmos releases (in addition to lossless redbook and high resolution stereo). It's like a birthday every day when browsing through all the Atmos stuff.

Welcome to simplifying things. Try using a modern USB-C iPad as your digital source!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

New Neil Young TrueHD Dolby Atmos.

folder.jpg

I listened to 30 seconds in ATMOS on my Macbook Air, and was sold.  Apple has this text on the Album.

Anyone familiar with Hitchhiker or Homegrown or the dustier corners of the Archives series knows Neil Young has never subscribed to the idea of a permanent and enduring studio version of his songs. Part of what’s interesting about the sparse rerecordings on 2023’s Before and After is the relative obscurity of the source material, which reaches as far back as Buffalo Springfield (“Burned”) and as near as 2021’s Barn (“Don’t Forget Love”). The frailty of “Birds” has never sounded more beautiful, and nobody should take issue with a “Mr. Soul” stripped so bitterly bare. But the grace of the album isn’t in any single performance so much as the way it blurs the beginnings and ends of songs into each other to create a seamless ribbon of sound. Call it a “montage” (Young’s word), call it a dream (ours)—this is the sound of a 78-year-old man briefly glimpsing a life’s work from somewhere just outside himself.