IGNORED

Music Server Recommendation for Merging NADAC (ravenna ethernet)

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

2. Connecting my Macbook air M1 into a network switch (cisco 2960) and from the switch into the NADAC, my laptop is not able to connect with the NADAC , and I am getting the error in my CoreAudio driver "No ptp master or unrecognized domain". Prior to the introduction of the external clock, I was able to get this setup (with the switch) to work.

I will admit up front that I do not own a NADAC but do own a HAPI. What comes to mind for me after reading the issue above is two things.

1. Does NADAC require the use of the ANEMAN program from Merging? If so, is your configured, UP and running?

2. Are all of the ports on the 2960 switch configured to use the same VLAN and does the NADAC and music server show an IP address within the same Subnet?

Thanks @cjf. I reached out to Merging and yes, using VAD would require my configuring some routing settings in ANEMAN. I am not very networking savvy - fortunately, they sent me the latest version (still beta) of Core Audio to use so I don't have to deal with the routing configuration issues. So that part is all sorted out. However I am still experiencing the "ticking" sound when playing DSD and DXD files on both HQplayer and Audirvana. And the ticking sound goes on for 5-10 seconds even after i pause the music. Things were fine when I was on MacOs 12.3. Currently I am on 12.5, and am wondering whether its an OS and Core Audio driver issue. Another issue to go hunt down :(

6 hours ago, longinc said:

Thanks @cjf. I reached out to Merging and yes, using VAD would require my configuring some routing settings in ANEMAN. I am not very networking savvy - fortunately, they sent me the latest version (still beta) of Core Audio to use so I don't have to deal with the routing configuration issues. So that part is all sorted out. However I am still experiencing the "ticking" sound when playing DSD and DXD files on both HQplayer and Audirvana. And the ticking sound goes on for 5-10 seconds even after i pause the music. Things were fine when I was on MacOs 12.3. Currently I am on 12.5, and am wondering whether its an OS and Core Audio driver issue. Another issue to go hunt down :(

Are you using a USB C to Ethernet adapter?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

54 minutes ago, longinc said:

Yes, I am using the Belkin USB-C ethernet adaptor. 

That’s the first thing I would replace. Your cpu usage with that will go up 30-40% on the latest macOS versions. 

Use this instead - https://www.sonnetstore.com/collections/thunderbolt/products/thunderbolt-avb-adapter

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

That's a damn shame that Apple forces you back to relying on a USB interface even though you have an ETH based DAC. Might see better results without Apple period but I'm not a fan, never have been : )

I would love to have a few words with the "Genius" who started the trend of getting rid of physical ports on all laptops and the headphone jack on every mobile phone.