IGNORED

Dolby Atmos Downloads!

Wow, I didn't expect to see this! I will download one of these now and check it out. 

2L offers Dolby Atmos downloads as MP4 files. This is one of the formats (obviously) that supports all the Atmos channels. 

@El Guapo @bbosler @jrobbins50 have you guys seen Atmos downloads anywhere else?

https://shop.2l.no/collections/grammy-nominees/products/fryd-cantus

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 3.43.15 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I think I would cough up the extra to get the discs as you get all of the formats for not much more . But streaming it now so  I doubt I would listen to it more than once...  I will pass

Of course, the guy is really throwing down on the zither so It may grow on me 😜

I do have the "LUX" disc and it is interesting.. once or twice

Capture.JPG

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

I hear back from Morten at 2L. Here's what he said, "I really wish it was possible to stream and distribute files in the full ADM resolution. But not many people have the software players able to handle ADM or ADM in TrueHD, so it doesn’t make any sense to offer this in our shop yet.

I love that he said the word "yet." Perhaps there will be a day :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

But not many people have the software players able to handle ADM or ADM in TrueHD

If 2L starts to provide the ADM or .atmos master files then audiophiles will start to prepare the Dolby Renderer. (ADM or .atmos can be played back from Dolby Renderer and also much easier to get...) 2L must change their thinking logic.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

If 2L starts to provide the ADM or .atmos master files then audiophiles will start to prepare the Dolby Renderer. (ADM or .atmos can be played back from Dolby Renderer and also much easier to get...) 2L must change their thinking logic.

2L could also just release the TrueHD version in MP4, and let people use either the Dolby Reference Player or a traditional processor like those from Trinnov or Lyngdorf. 

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Maybe if more people ask for TrueHD, 2L will release it as a download.

Or 12 channels (7.1.4) .wav more straight forward. 😆

Although .wav has 4GB limits but if for pure music and split it into single track, the file size of 12 channels 24/48 per minute is 104MB. Roughly 6GB for an hour album still less than 5.1 DXD. Distribution-wise... not an issue, really.

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Or 12 channels (7.1.4) .wav more straight forward. 😆

Although .wav has 4GB limits but if for pure music and split it into single track, the file size of 12 channels 24/48 per minute is 104MB. Roughly 6GB for an hour album still less than 5.1 DXD. Distribution-wise... not an issue, really.

Yes, 7.1.4 WAV would be awesome. Split into tracks the GB limit isn't an issue as you said.