IGNORED

Why you can't trust measurements

18 hours ago, yamamoto2002 said:

RMAA itself is excellent app but people use it with too carelessly and their measurement result is totally unreliable, there is a 15dB to 20dB SNR discrepancy on the same onboard DAC, almost always contaminated with ground loop problems, sometimes it seems measurement is simply failed with accidental click noise or other issues.

I don't think the issue is with RMAA itself.
RMAA as software is fine and very useful, but you can use any ADC you want with it, so the results are going to be heavily dependent on what ADC someone is using and how they have things set up.

If you use RMAA with an ADI-2 Pro FS R for example like Archimago (or myself prior to getting the APx555) then you can get very good results.
If you just use a basic focusrite interface then you're not gonna have such a good time.

Additionally, when it comes to motherboard audio there are also so many other factors. The PSU you're using, what other hardware such as GPU/CPU are in that particular PC etc, is it under load or idle.
How noisy a PC is can vary massively.

18 hours ago, yamamoto2002 said:

About intersample overs, I read somewhere, some oversampler of earlier DAC has no tolerance and waveform is flipped by integer arithmetic overflow!

I saw this actually but can't remember for the life of me what DAC it was. I think it might have been an earlier denafrips DAC? I had some interesting and similar behaviour when testing the Ares 2, I didn't do an intersample overs test but when using the slow filter, just doing an impulse response caused the waveform to wrap around as shown below.
nsoeq3pvo7-png.27246
I'm really not sure how this would happen but it seems it did :P
It didn't happen with Sharp OS though

This would most definitely be MUCH more problematic than how intersample overs are handled on modern DACs (which is that they simply clip/max out). But luckily I don't think this is something that happens with most DACs.

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, pkane2001 said:

Yeah, the 1kHz dashboard, while revealing, isn't painting the whole picture. I much prefer sweeps with varying levels and frequency showing noise, THD/IMD, linearity. With those tests, there are some parameters that can differ significantly without being visible on the AP chart, that's why I'm asking. 

There absolutely are. But unfortunately as mentioned Amir does not share his configuration publicly so there's no way to verify.

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Iving said:

I think Golden and Amir have had problems in the past. I tried to help them stay cool. There's only so much that one man can do.

The video is not about amir.

Nor do disagreements between Amir and myself have anything to do with why certain market segments sales are heavily influenced by objective measurements