IGNORED

Usb cable shootout

Kimo

11 hours ago, Jud said:

I've listened to the Furutech and several of the AQ cables. My own personal preference is either the UpTone connector (not a cable) or the JSSG360 cable from Ghent Audio. These are very inexpensive.

I may have to give one more cable a try, the Ghent.  Price is right.  Can't really make the UpTone work on my rack though.  

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, R1200CL said:

Not sure if cheap, but maybe the best available. The Singxer SU-2

If you don’t know how well the USB is implemented in that Linneberg DAC, maybe it’s worth trying the AES/EBU input ?

Also, if I’m understanding you correctly, you have Vbus power from a PC into the DAC. Maybe an issue ?

I finally got my cheap lazy self to insert a Topping digital bridge for an experiment, and sure enough the respective character of each USB cable shows up.  

Additionally, I am finding the coaxial input, via the outboard bridge, doesn't sound as good as going straight into the USB input of the Linnenberg.  That may just be my bias against adding boxes at work. 

Finally, I am not hearing much difference with coaxial cables in this set up, even when I use one that really isn't advertised for digital use.