IGNORED

Audiopraise VanityPRO

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update you on my testing with the new VanityPRO Firmware V4 (release notes below). My audio system is just two channel based on a DAC and integrated amp and thus I have been down sampling multi channel content to 2.0 with the VanityPRO. This new feature solves two issue in my system. It allows me to utilize an Apple TV as the AV source and not have to loop back audio from the TV and it allows me to utilize my Blu-ray player as the source for video and bypass its subpar digital output.    

Release Date:        December 12, 2022

Loader Version:    V5

FPGA Version:       V4

Release Notes:

1. Added Speaker Setup menu with Downmix feature.

2. Added ARC volume control option via CEC into System Setup menu.

3. Added HDMI power state control in Standby mode into System Setup menu.

4. Swapped LFE and Center channels in the second stereo output.

5. Swapped LFE and Center channel indicators in the Audio Meters screen.

6. Minor system  stability improvements.

Note: It is strongly recommended to upgrade the HDMI firmware to V35 before upgrading to VanityPRO firmware V4.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 12:38 PM, vortecjr said:

Here are some quick update on the VanityPRO development. Audiopraise is designing 2 new output boards as follows:

One with USB Audio interface with ASRC. The main idea is to be able to feed 8-channel HDMI audio straight into a PC for multichannel processing with the option to fix the USB Audio sampling rate via a bank of ASRC. The is an output card with USB Audio Device capable of 8-channel operation. On top of that, there is a bank of asynchronous resamplers which will allow the USB Audio to run at fixed sampling rate set from the host PC. There will be an ASRC bypass mode for bit-transparent transmission. There will be also a digital audio output (from the USB interface) and digital audio input (auxiliary input that can be routed to USB).

image.png

Today I have been experimenting with the new USB Audio interface for the VanityPro... 

I have an Apple TV hooked up to the VanityPro via HDMI receiving 2.0 and 5.1 audio while passing video to my TV.  The VanityPro is then connected via USB to a Sonic Transporter running HQ Player. In this configuration, one can capture the 2.0 or 5.1 audio stream from the HDMI source and do the usual things you can do in HQ Player (remix, resample and/or apply filters). Then you can send the resulting audio stream to a Rendu via NAA for playback on your USB DAC.

*FYI this process requires some code changes in the HQP configuration file so I'll work with Andrew to impliment it as a default. Also, this process introduces an audio delay so it's better suited for streaming only audio.

Here is what to expect in the next firmware update on the VanityPro.

With the ASRC active, you can set any sampling rate from the PC you want, e.g. everything fixed at 96kHz. In the new fw, there is a switch in the menu to bypass the ASRC and then you have to manually set the sampling rate in your PC for USB Audio session and change it every time the sampling rate of the HDMI source changes. The advantage is that the datapath is then bit transparent so you can get the compressed HBR audio into the PC.

There will be a EDID configuration for number of audio channels to report to the HDMI source per CTA/CEA standard infoframe.

There will be 7 DB of attenuation possible to adjusted each channel. 

44 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Here is what to expect in the next firmware update on the VanityPro.

With the ASRC active, you can set any sampling rate from the PC you want, e.g. everything fixed at 96kHz. In the new fw, there is a switch in the menu to bypass the ASRC and then you have to manually set the sampling rate in your PC for USB Audio session and change it every time the sampling rate of the HDMI source changes. The advantage is that the datapath is then bit transparent so you can get the compressed HBR audio into the PC.

There will be a EDID configuration for number of audio channels to report to the HDMI source per CTA/CEA standard infoframe.

There will be 7 DB of attenuation possible to adjusted each channel. 

This is great! 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 9 months later...

Introducing the VanityPSU

ScreenShot2023-11-25at7_47_42PM.png.4f574a602ceb3a94afa271eb6b85d712.png

The VanityPSU is a very low-noise linear power supply designed specifically for the VanityPRO, but it can be used as a universal power supply too. It has three independent power rails, two with 5V and one with 12V outputs. Each 5V rail has two USB connectors USB-A and USB-C and each connector has its own secondary regulator. The 12V output has standard 2.1mm DC jack. All outputs are fully protected against overvoltage, overcurrent, and short circuit. It comes in an enclosure design-matched to the VanityPRO.

Some more eye candy...

480_320_0245f55efdb31c1ad0194ab8e4849eb1246ce7db.jpeg.b2b0c1e90218517de7ae59ad59fa7a16.jpeg

480_320_9e06aebe9c14df272042ddede8eeb4ab445abf81.jpeg.8a3474b84e5cb0480dac7e815adc12ec.jpeg

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Introducing the VanityPSU

ScreenShot2023-11-25at7_47_42PM.png.4f574a602ceb3a94afa271eb6b85d712.png

The VanityPSU is a very low-noise linear power supply designed specifically for the VanityPRO, but it can be used as a universal power supply too. It has three independent power rails, two with 5V and one with 12V outputs. Each 5V rail has two USB connectors USB-A and USB-C and each connector has its own secondary regulator. The 12V output has standard 2.1mm DC jack. All outputs are fully protected against overvoltage, overcurrent, and short circuit. It comes in an enclosure design-matched to the VanityPRO.

Some more eye candy...

480_320_0245f55efdb31c1ad0194ab8e4849eb1246ce7db.jpeg.b2b0c1e90218517de7ae59ad59fa7a16.jpeg

480_320_9e06aebe9c14df272042ddede8eeb4ab445abf81.jpeg.8a3474b84e5cb0480dac7e815adc12ec.jpeg

Very cool. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• vortecjr changed the title to Audiopraise VanityPRO