IGNORED

Newbie, decent way to stream/connect from iPad to vintage HK amp?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you grinner and DuckToller. Will Wifi give better sound quality per se over BlueTooth, or is can both technologies provide HiFi quality, given my output is iPad and iTunes files?

I know we are below high quality CD recordings, but I am not sure if WiFi vs Bluetooth makea a difference in my iPad/iTunes context...

Thank you very much

You could use airplay from the iPad for lossless transport, through WiFi or Ethernet, at that bitrate the transport medium does not matter, imho, nowadays.

For convenience, WiFi is the route to go through the Apple universe, however, you could connect the Boss with Ethernet to your network and it should work as well, with some hops more. I think the wireless dongle is less than 15 bucks ... At 300 mbps.

There are tests of both, the b1 and the Boss 2, available at the other forum, that reviews science.

Edit BT: depending on your BT codec, it is not all bad.

LDAC and 5.2 have higher qualities/bandwidth than BT 4.x

On 11/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, DuckToller said:

You could use airplay from the iPad for lossless transport, through WiFi or Ethernet, at that bitrate the transport medium does not matter, imho, nowadays.

For convenience, WiFi is the route to go through the Apple universe, however, you could connect the Boss with Ethernet to your network and it should work as well, with some hops more. I think the wireless dongle is less than 15 bucks ... At 300 mbps.

There are tests of both, the b1 and the Boss 2, available at the other forum, that reviews science.

Edit BT: depending on your BT codec, it is not all bad.

LDAC and 5.2 have higher qualities/bandwidth than BT 4.x

Thank you very much. Great to know BT is not all bad; I need to check the codec.

24 minutes ago, StevieRayV said:

Great to know BT is not all bad;

Careful, this is acquired taste...

Not everyone support that as fact.. Best try to listen for yourself, in case you have both options, try to compare. Airplay imho should be the lossless solution and works both ways, with and without cable.