IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

19 hours ago, Dandou said:

(For instance, AS decodes the tracks, while JRiver streams without decoding them, and they are decoded by the streamer.)

How can a streamer work if it does not decode?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

2 hours ago, Dandou said:

I don't understand your question. 

If the track is in Flac or WavPack formats, for instance, AS will decompress it and then will stream it. While JRiver will send the track to the streamer in its original, compressed format. 

Forgive me, I was just being anal. You used the word "decode" originally. Here you use "decompress", which is technically the more correct term.

Encode / Decode may or may not involve compression / decompression. For most people, they may as well be the same thing.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

BTW, I just started my AS / AS Remote trial using a mac mini 2014. I once had a license for Audirvana, back when it was referred to as Aplus. So far, it is working fine, although the UI is somewhat strange (i.e., the tiny, tiny little speaker on the right bottom of the screen, which functions the same as the apps preferences).

I have JRiver on the same mac mini with JRemote on my iPad so I am making comparisions. Not sure if I will go for the AS subscription model though.

I can check this tonight, as I have lots of AIFF files. Since I'm just trying it out for functionality (no DSP) I'll see if the AIFF files are decoded by AS.

My DAC doesn't have any display of streaming info, so I'm hoping A Remote shows it.

Has anyone here streamed their music with AS to the LAN port of a minidsp SHD? Here is my setup:

NAS > Macmini running AS > iPad running Aremote > LAN minidsp SHD

I'm running a trial and don't want to waste time experimenting. Currently, I have everything set at 24/96, nothing else.

If you specifically run AS to the LAN port of a SHD, would you mind sharing your thoughts on what has worked out best for you. PM is fine, if this is too specific for the intended purpose of this thread.

(I did ask at Audirvana forums and got no response. The minidsp shd forum  pretty much all use Volumio)

• 3 weeks later...

I brought this up in Qobuz official forum thread, and @bobbmd suggested I come here. Damien/Antoine can you help?

Years ago I opened a qobuz France account in order to download music. This was before the streaming service was available in the USA. I never had a streaming account, just a download account. I never used a VPN.

Now that I want to try the USA streaming service through my new Audirvana Studio account, I can't. I can't use my Audirvana voucher for the 3 month free trial.

Furthermore, the web browser keeps coming up in French and there is no way I can reset this.

I want to try the streaming service, but I can't because a few years ago I downloaded a few albums?

Can you help or tell me who to contact?

• 2 weeks later...

As a new Audirvana Studio subscriber, I was pleasantly surprised to see the update. I installed it and it ran smoothly.

I was hoping to see an update to Audirvana Remote. AR never seems to start up for me. It can't seem to find my mac mini upon startup, even though it is listed. I have to manually select the mac mini each time I start up. Sometimes it finds it on its own, but it's sluggish and slow and I never know if it will work automatically.

12 minutes ago, jos said:

In my situation the wireless circumstances are not ideal. Did you try an other radio-channel on your router, to get a better reception? It can be quite difficult to find out. 😞

Testing with Fing at the exact location and time where you use the iOS device to run AR eliminates any doubts. It is not difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since ARemote has been brought up, I thought I would ask:

Has anyone had consistent results with its startup? With it's ability to locate your Audirvana server, without manual intervention? Seems I often have to tap "Select a Computer" on the startup page, except when I don't... IOW, it is very inconsistent, sometimes it starts up and finds the computer automatically, other times it doesn't. Once it find it, it works perfectly for the duration of the listening session.

I have Audirvana Studio on a late 2014 mac mini running Monterey 12.2.1 and an iPad mini gen 2 running iOS12. Firewall is off, Wifi signal is fine. IP address is consistent. MiniDSP SHD (OEM Volumio interface), is the LAN device.