So I have now started evaluating this SSD, The SSDs I compare with are

Intel X25 32GB SLC

Samsung EVO860

Intel Pro 7600 Ent NVMe

Micron 50GB M100 SLC Ent

CAPS contains the following

Supermicro X11SPM-TPF Intel Xeon 4120 Silver 4x4Gb DDR4 ECC Reg JcatFemto USB

Everything is powered by DIY LPS

What I can say about this SSD is that it sounds very good, clean, detailed, natural, good balance, extremely good channel separation, With a good LPS, this one sounds better than most I've tried

all cables are made by pure copper, 

Other equipment everything is

Tube stuff, PreAmp, AMP and DAC in higher class over 20000 USD

plus speaker and cables

total over 50000 USD

• 2 weeks later...

I have been testing this SSD for a couple of months now and it beats everything from CF-card to SSD of all kinds,
The important thing is that the m.2 slot goes directly to the CPU on the motherboard, and that you use an LPS ,.
It simply sounds natural and good !!

it is not cheap but clearly worth the price,
but you avoid the cost of a good SATA cable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Savolax said:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvme-ssd-for-audiophiles

This thread and the SSD made it to Tom's Hardware. Nothing "new" on it though. Carry on, just thought to mention. 

After reading Tom's page, you can do no more than laugh
A bunch of kids who do not understand anything,
Even Tom has twisted it to say that the seller does not answer questions,
when in fact it was buyers who did not respond,

45 minutes ago, Dev said:

@darkforcestop all these non sense allegations. I am a member of this forum a while now and I am not the guy who is going to run away for a little dinky SSD of yours. I have way more investment in expensive audio gear that you can think of. 

Didn’t I offer you to pay for the product, not once but twice, to which you refused, before I left out of the country ? Didn’t I clearly indicate and messaged you couple of times end of Oct that I will be out of country for a while. Do you want me to post all the message exchange publicly here ? Anyway, FYI, I am still out of country and will be for sometime now. Being out of country doesn’t mean that I cannot log into the forum time to time. 

what an attitude ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, yamamoto2002 said:

I searched a bit, enterprise HDD firmware has “error recovery control” feature called TLER or CCTL to give up r/w retry early and let RAID controller to handle the error. consumer HDD do not have this feature and array is degraded when retry takes 10 seconds. I guess video recorder firmware is developed from this knowledge?

Also found interview article with HGST engineers, they do not develop special firmware for audio industries at all, on circa 2013

that's why you should never use consumer HDD in hardware raid

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarcelNL said:

Now that I got everything working I'm wondering why you's put the OS and data NVME's in the slots for CPU2 ?

Do you run OS on CPU 2 and the player program on CPU1 (so the output PCIe card comes in slot 3 or 5 ?

if you look at the block diagram for the MB you may understand 

page 119 in manual

5 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

I have it open in front of me...

slots 1, 2, 6 and 7 are linked to CPU 2

slots 3,4 and 5 to CPU 1 I understand you'd want to stay away from slot 3 and 4 which seems to be shared through a sortof controller.

I'd expect CPU to be assigned to handle most of the OS, and be linked to the OS NVME and the player program assigned to CPU 2 and the data files linked to that. 

OS/player program  and Music files on CPU2 

network and USB card on CPU 1