IGNORED

JCAT FEMTO card one USB port not working

I tried to send an email to support and post on the Jplay forum, but maybe someone here had a similar case. 

I bought last week a second hand JCAT FEMTO USB card. The Card was purchased from JCAT directly in October 2019 (I received from
the seller a complete box including original invoice). I plugged the card into my existing audio PC. The card replaced
an older 1.1 card I had there, and I kept all settings as I had before. 5V Power is provided from an external (HDPlex) LPS.

After multiple tests, I cannot get to work one of the 2 USB ports (the one closer to the DC in). I have one USB DAC that is also powered by
the card and I have a Singxer SU-1 DDC (connected to my second DAC which has only SPDIF input). Both are not fed when using that port.
Both working perfectly when I connect them to the second port. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this? As far as I can tell, the card
shows no physical damage or issue and looks like new.

12 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

They created a separate version of firmware to enable a single USB port instead of both of them

https://jcat.eu/usb-card-femto-gets-a-free-update-to-ver-2-0/

Two separate folders as shown below, simply flash the second one and then both ports will be enabled afterwards

https://jcat.eu/JCATUSBFEMTO_FW20.zip

iFFTiSg.png

Yes I just found out exactly the same thing. Just need to see how I can check which version is running to make sure the it is not a HW issue. 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, al2813 said:

Yes I just found out exactly the same thing. Just need to see how I can check which version is running to make sure the it is not a HW issue. 

Why don’t you install the firmware which activates both ports and see if that works?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

On 3/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, al2813 said:

Hi al2813,

I have developed a USB PCIe card using the UPD720202 and am familiar with the firmware options of the chipset. I don't have a JPlay card but I think the card is laid out so that the that port shut off by firmware is the top port furthest away from pcie connector on the card.

You will not be able to determine if the 2nd port has been disabled by firmware.  The one / two port options are set as part of the chipsets "vendor settings" firmware block by toggling a couple of bits of the image.

Unfortunatly the UPD720202 will not dump this port setting back in an understandable form,  you would need to dump the whole firmware image from the card and then looking at the hex value of the port enable/disable bits.

The best thing to do is just load the "2 port" firmware version onto the card and see if the port comes back up again.

Good luck,

OAudio.

OAudio Ltd.

OAudio Supreme - music server.

OAudio RealStream - digital audio components.