IGNORED

The new Sonore opticalModule Deluxe

Here is an example of optical isolation of a 100 speed or 1000 speed network device.

1182235967_ScreenShot2020-12-26at10_17_02AM.png.11ccd1354e88f4126d5cad948efeb3c9.png

Fiber optical cable (orange) in this example is coming from a switch with SFP port or a second opticalModule.

Copper cable (white) is going from opticalModule to endPoint.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 5:25 AM, R1200CL said:

@agillis or @vortecjr According to @AfterDark., It has being confirmed that the EtherRegen works with 10 GB SFP+ modules. The specific module that has been tested by him is the Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL. 
This is a pure 10GB transceiver only. No support for 1GB. 

As he is now selling these items in pairs to members here at AS, and I would also assume several of them has an opticalModule in the other end, (Like I will have later today), can you guys confirm this will work with the opticalModule as well, so there won’t be any surprises. 

(I’m claiming with great certainty that a 10 GB only SFP+ can’t auto negotiate with a 1GB SFP cage, and hence this won’t work). But maybe @JohnSwenson secretly has added 10 GB support in both the EtherRegen and both the versions of the opticalModule without anyone knowing this was feasible. Then I suggest Uptone as well as Sonore and SGC updates the data about their optical products. 

@Superdad You may comment on this as well. 

(I’m getting an error when trying to upload the data sheet, or even pictures).   

I have no idea why anyone would want to do this. 

Please note that these are not Sonore systemOptique certified. As such, we will not provide support for them. We have not tested them, do not plan to test them, they may create problems with your Sonore gear, and we reserve the right to limit your warranty accordingly. 

That said...we do like Finisar transceivers and have been working to provide a 1.25Gb/s one for sale on our website that is Sonore systemOptique certified. Special thanks to an AS member who has been providing information/feedback behind the scenes. Anyway, more information to follow...