IGNORED

Best Singer of All Time is...

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

@The Computer Audiophile Maybe we don't need an analogue subforum here but it seems that a car subforum is an absolute necessity.. :)

Actually when I mentioned a 'cheap Fiat' I was thinking more like.. :)

Koop een tweedehands Fiat Seicento in Oranje op AutoScout24

Actually the Quintessential “Cheap Fiat” is the Fiat 500 from 1957 - 197x. When it came out, the average Italian could buy this diminutive car for the Lire equivalent of  US$250.00.

George

7 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yes the little "Bambino" was quite popular and a great little car. It had no seat belts or much by way of safety features. When my best friend turned 17 and got his driver's licence, being Italian, he naturally acquired a Fiat 500. We had two road accidents which were fortunately of fairly low impact but in one of them my passenger door flung open and I found myself sitting on the ground in the middle-of-the-road.😮

Whoops!

George

On 9/3/2020 at 10:54 AM, sphinxsix said:

Moi, le provocateur.? Je ne sais pas...9_9

Back on topic. Like I already said - the best female vocalist of all time - Yma Sumac.

The best male vocalist - no doubt about it - Mike Patton B|

Speaking of Yma Sumac, are you aware that her real name was Amy Camus and she wasn’t an Inca from Peru, but a Jewish girl from Brooklyn NY with a great coloratura soprano voice. 

I’ve an amusing story about her. About 20 years ago, I was sitting in a local nightclub in Palo Alto CA, recording a local jazz quartet. Between sets, the musicians spoke among themselves. One musician asked another: “What have you been up to lately?” The other responded, “I was recently in a band backing Yma Sumac”. The first asked, “How was she?”

The second responded “Old, and fat, and mean!”

True story!

George

15 hours ago, audiobomber said:

Pacino has become a cartoon caricature of himself. Hooah!

You are absolutely correct. The only movies that I liked Pacino in were the three “Godfather” movies. After that, he became less and less interesting to me as an actor, and now, as you say, he’s become a caricature of himself.

George