IGNORED

iPhone 12 WTF?

Ok, I get it.  Who needs more plastic?  Consumer Reports speculates that humans consume a credit card worth of plastic over a few months.  If climate change does not kill off most wild life, we are sure to see plastic waste finish the job - we know the he oceans are full of the stuff.  We don't need cheap ear buds.  We don't need another wall charger.  I, personally, have a foot locker (US Army, thank you) clearly labeled "All the Worlds Cable" containing least 1 mile of obsolete wires, cable etc...... I get it.

Now comes the iPhone 12 maybe with no ports at all.  Ok, fine.  One thing captive technical media (shills), with their daily Apple "LEAKS"  (what BS!  (( Oh look how STUNNING the new phone looks, why its Blue!!  and look, it has square edges!  Oh my God. ))  Wake up fan boys, It is a rectangle.  You can make the rectangle bigger, smaller, thinner, you can paint new colors, but it is a damn rectangle. 

So to my point.  Are you going to have to carry a wireless charger with you when you go on a road trip?  Can you charge your phone in the car?  I think some higher end cars have a charging plate built into the car.   Seems to me that a car is an expensive option for a phone or a camera with a phone built in......

Nombe 

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

58 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

It's not even certain they will do this.  You also have the option not to buy it if they do.   

Android is the COVID 19 of mobile operating systems. I shall now retire to my studio and come up with a song to the tune of the great Richard Thompson’s. “Vincent Black Lightening”  disparaging all things Android.  

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

As promised with apologies to Richard Thompson.

Said Red Molly to James
That’s a fine iPhone
A girl would be proud
To hear such a tone

Said James to Molly
My hats off to you ‘tis an iPhone one two 

Now Galaxies and Pixels won’t do
They don’t have a soul like a iPhone one two

Now I tell you in earnest it’s a dangerous phone
No way to charge it as your driving alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with Teresa.  I have an iPhone but most "features" are not activated.  No Siri, no location services, very few apps.

I do not use mobile banking, no payment apps etc.   I do not have any so called "social media" AKA Chinese Communist hacks on my phone.  I consider Facebook to be the devils handmaiden, Twitter is for twits, I put black tape over the camera.  God knows what Russain Fancy Bear is doing with that camera.  I am considering wrapping my phone in Tin Foil.  (just like my hat)!!