IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

It looks like a nice addon to the ER. But how much of an improvement is it really or is it more of a "different" sound?

Thanks!

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

I am also thinking of buying this clock for my ER. I already have a Paul hynes SR4 to power it.

I also have a 75ohm spdif cable with BNC to BNC. Would this work just as well as a so called clock cable? Whats the difference or is there?

Magnus

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

Yes. What cable ? Length?

Well that could be the issue, its a 150cm Audio sensibility signature cable. Not cheap.

That length was the preferred length for spdif signal according to AS.

5 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Maybe discuss length here ?

Great Thanks for the link !

• 1 month later...

Seems like many of you have received your clock fairly quick. I am still waiting for mine from above aliexpress seller.

Ordered mine 10/10 - now it has finally arrived in Sweden and is now beeing processed by the customs. So probably bad luck.

Anyway look forward to hear it in my system.🙂

/Magnus

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, hope you get better soon.😐

I have had my clock now for maybe 3 weeks. And within the first hours you should be able to hear an improvement. 

4 hours ago, ambre said:

Hi Guys, 

This is my initial review of the Afterdark Giesemann OXCO Clock (Emperor Crown) and its associated Afterdark 12V double outlet power supply.  Part of the Audiophilestyle.com groups deal as offered on the website of Afterdark. 

I use the EtherRegen powered by a Farad super3 as immediately this gives observable improvement compared with standard Uptone power supply.  All is playing on an Auralic Vega 2.1 Streamer Dac etc.  

But to lift a tip of the veil, it is a wonderful improvement this Afterdark Clock. More than worth its money compared to other possibilities in terms of Master clocks and/or other tweaks. The Afterdark Master Clock adds a lot of extra. 

For more details look at the new Afterdark sponsored forum. Instead of the Uptone sponsored forum concerning the Master Clock for your EtherREGEN.  Otherwise Superdad becomes SuperBad. 

Have a look.

https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/41989-afterdark/

@afterdark

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-31 om 15.08.49.png

Hi!

Thanks for your write up of the new After dark clock. Did you by chance compare it to the inexpensive BG7TBL OCXO ?

Regards Magnus

12 hours ago, ambre said:

I will stay on the Afterdark road due to its uplift in SQ. I have ordered one that will arrive within 1 week from now. Are you interested for this on?  Shipping in Europe only.

As many of us in this thread (including myself) already has this inexpensive clock it would be of interest to many to compare with Afterdark clock. But I´m sure it will come eventually. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, MartinT said:

Which is where this thread started.  You can improve your system's performance with a very inexpensive Chinese OCXO clock.  So inexpensive, in fact, that it's worth just trying one to hear for yourself.  That way, you can gain some experience rather than endlessly considering more and more expensive options.  If, after that, you want to explore higher end options, at least you'll have a baseline reference and an opinion.

Exactly! I was also curious about the impact of better clocks. And I agree, the inexpensive model in this thread proved that Its a field where there is improvements to be had. Nobody can know until they tried. Consequence- I have now ordered the other clock from AD for my etherRegen.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the audiophilestyle edition queen square version coming in a few days. I have now the chinese BG clock as well.

I am sure even the cheapest version will better it. 

In all fairness. All afterdark clocks has been assembled and developed with utmost care for details in many areas . 

15 minutes ago, Mouna said:

are you guessing - since if you have no experience with them how do you know?

Best....

Yes this is my personal opinion. 

17 minutes ago, nichino said:

I think you meant to tag @AfterDark.instead 😉

Yes sorry!😀

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I like to start a tread about clock cables. Does there exist one already ?

Good idea Andreas. 🙂

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

I think it’s important to state how this is done:

A>B>A>B and also what’s connected to last output. And If fiber and what type is involved, including SFP’s in use. 

A side out with fiber, may be different than B side out. 

Also what power supplies is in use. 

B>A>A>B

B>A>B>A

A>B>B>A

Switch upfront as well. 

It may be so that an optialModule first will achieve same results.

If one is going to the extreme of dual EtherRegen with individual quality power upfront plus’s dual clocks, also with quality individual power upfront, it’s staring to get expensive. And you can spend a lot of money in cabling as well. 

I used to have Optical module before my ER. Sold it cause it made no real difference. Adding the Adark masterclock made a big difference in the right direction. Adding another switch from Adark with OXCO made perhaps the biggest difference so far. I have read somewhere that cascading switches of different designs/brands would be best.  Adding a betterLAN cable would never be as good as adressing the major problems with network noise. Maybe the new Waversa Lan isolator or ENO Ag in series with a ER could also be as good? Many options nowadays!!