IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

6 hours ago, Exocer said:

I wonder how many Ock-1’s can match those numbers.

Very few, if any, is my guess. Assuming that one was a unicorn OCK-1 whose plot they cherry picked to share. But depending on how LHY source their OXCOs for the OCK-1 & 2, and assuming OCK-1 units at least meet the claimed maximum phase noise of -110db/1hz (which may be a big assumption, I don't know), I like to think there was and continues to be some variation in the range -110db to -115db @  1hz offset.

3 minutes ago, Exocer said:

I’ll be watching this closely.

Do you still have the Ock-1 around for comparison?

I do indeed. Haven't listed to it for a while, been meaning to sell it, but somehow I never seem to get around to selling things.  Which is good for comparisons if not so good for my bank balance. Speaking of which I have a similarly parked Gustard U18 DDC I can try the LB with in various combinations including dual-clocking the R26 or the U18 alone, test the special R26 'synergy' postulation...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Superdad said:

:D It is nice to see Cybershaft agree with what we keep explaining to people for the past couple of years: 

That impedance match of clock>cable>device matters only when square-wave clock is used; Does not matter at all for sine-wave clock.

Indeed!

FYI Cybershaft repeat this as a standing statement on their product page for their new pure silver 75 ohm cable, without which assurance fewer of their target market of Cybershaft 50 ohm clock-owning clients would be interested methinks. 😉

https://cybershaft.shop/products/75ohm-pure-silver-bnc-cable

image.thumb.png.880c442bf441a87564cd83fb4e24cb52.png

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, doitttt said:

Does Capacitance pf have anything to say in the clock cable
the shorter cable has less Capacitance maybe down 15pf
for 30cm or 300mm cable

Interestingly Cybershaft, at the bottom of the silver cable page you linked to, say cable  capacitance and length is a factor for square wave, but not sine. Presumably this is based on their experience measuring phase noise across a variety of equipment & cable designs and combinations.

• 5 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well you are not breaking any rules but Thomann Music might be.  I am sure that Mutec’s exclusive USA importer will be none too thrilled to hear that a German dealer is trans-shipping this hot new clock for 28% off the official $2,499 list price. 9_9

Expect removal of German VAT of 19% for export outside the EU accounts for much of this difference, so @russellbobbyis probably getting it cheaper than German locals can (assuming US customs duties and/or sales taxes are not material).

5 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That misses my point. Dealer cost on the REF10 Nano is about $1,500–worldwide, convert that to whatever currency you wish—with various taxes being a separate matter. 
So you have one German dealer selling worldwide for about $300 over cost. That really sucks the incentive out of the product for Mutec’s entire dealer/distributor base. 

Yes, I wasn't disagreeing with your point, indeed I agree the US distributor is unlikely to be at all happy with being undercut, just making an observation re a pricing factor in play.