IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 1

10 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

What is covidian ?

As in Covid-19, but I have started to refer to it as "we live in Covidian times..." 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

5 hours ago, austinpop said:

I understood you, thanks to my fragmentary knowledge of French - "la vie covidienne," instead of "la vie quotidienne."

I like that better! Putting the french feminine spin on it makes it sound friendlier. 😉 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Chris:  Thank you for the generous reply! I very much share the passion in pursuing "the better illusion."  The one thing I wish this site could allow (but it obviously cannot) is for me to experience your illusion and vice versa.  I can still remember times that go up to 30 years back where I had the opportunity to listen to a system that someone had gotten just right and the "magic" that took place in sitting down even for a few minutes to listen.  I can imagine that takes place in your new listening room.  

Sadly, I almost never get that feeling at a dealers store or in a demonstration in a hotel or other public venue.  But I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen systems among the more popular contributors here that would produce that magical illusion even if they do it in a completely different way than mine does.  Maybe when all this is over we'll find reasons to actually share some of those experiences in person.  If you do get to northern California in that better future you are always welcome to come by for a listen.

Be well! 

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’d love to get back out to Northern California once we return to our new normal. Perhaps a little tour of community members’ systems. Now that would be enjoyable. 

I'll put away a few bottles for the occasion now... 😉