IGNORED

Moon Music

Iving

Mary Black - The Moon And St. Christopher ...

[If new to Mary Black (and if at all in possession of any Irish blood) check "Song For Ireland" (cry your heart right out) and "Only A Woman's Heart" (NB: NB: NB: the studio version with Eleanor McEvoy leading the vocal)]

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Love Mary Black. Lucky enough to see her live three times

Jealous again!

I used to listen to her a great deal on vinyl. tbh I had more or less forgotten till posting in this thread. See also Youtube thread. Prompted me to order her back catalogue on CD ... cheap enough. Thanks to Tom aka @DuckToller though I have had to spend a small fortune importing 5 Dead Moon CDs. Of course don't mind at all ... music posts here a nice little win of late.

5 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

@Iving

So sad to hear you are broke now 🙂

Though, you are still 10 short, then?

Unfortunately, the Rock'Roll way of life took it's tribute from Fred Cole and Andrew Loomis far too early.

They were actually a great live band in the 90ties.

10 short? lol I could see only 5 on ebay. They'll have to do till Xmas! 

1 hour ago, clipper said:

Bummer!  You're right.  I fired up a VPN connection to come in from the UK, and the video is nowhere to be found on YouTube.

Here's one that does work in the UK:

The video works in the UK ... the track is most jaunty ... and features liberal dollops of yodeling ... tyvm!

9 minutes ago, clipper said:

You're welcome.

That's the legendary Ian Tyson, formerly 1/2 of the great Canadian folk duo Ian & Sylvia.

From the Ian & Sylvia Wikipedia page:

Honours

In 1992, they were inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.[1]

In 1994, they were both made Members of the Order of Canada.[1]

In 2005, an extensive Canadian Broadcasting Corporation poll on the CBC-Radio program 50 Tracks: The Canadian Version named "Four Strong Winds" to be the greatest Canadian song of all time. Artists as diverse as Neil YoungJohnny CashSarah McLachlanHarry Belafonte, and Bob Dylan had also recorded this song.[6]

In 2006, they were both inducted into the Mariposa Hall of Fame; the duo performed a song together at that time, long after they had gone their separate ways.[1] Back in 1961, Ian and Sylvia had headlined at the Mariposa Folk Festival.

In a poll of the Western Writers of America, two Ian & Sylvia songs, "Someday Soon" and "Summer Wages" (both written by Tyson), were selected among the "Top 100 Western Songs" of all time.[21]

Ian Tyson was inducted into the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame in 1989.[16] Sylvia Tyson was inducted in 2003.[22]

An announcement in July 2019 stated that Ian Tyson and Sylvia Tyson would be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, individually, not as a duo. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation stated that "the duo's 1964's hit, "Four Strong Winds", has been deemed one of the most influential songs in Canadian history". The report also referenced the song "You Were on My Mind", written by Sylvia Tyson, as well as her four albums (1975-1980).[23]

ty

I don't know Ian & Sylvia but now on my radar.

NY's 'Four Strong Winds' is imprinted on my brain - but I didn't know its provenance.

To me the track you posted 'Horsethief Moon' sounds utterly Country and I wouldn't have thought Canada.

You in Canada by any chance?