IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

8 hours ago, Nenon said:

This is interesting. In my tests, the EPS connector is the most important to the sound quality. Can you please share what motherboard and CPU your friend used in his testing? I remember that on low powered motherboards the 5V made bigger difference and benefitted by oversizing the power supply a little. The reason for that might be that the oscillators might be using that rail, but that is just a guess. 

Yep - he was using a small server MB, not sure the model but it was one of the small Supermicro server boards....

I am using a dual PC setup now, but have enough extra stuff to build up a nice single box for Euphony trial, so am following this closely ... and of course thanks a million for all your posts from the other thread...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, WilliamWykeham said:

All parts have arrived and I’m nearing completion.  I plan a full recap of the assembly process and a review once done but am stuck on two things:

1 - How to connect the Keces P8 to the 6 pin DC power intake on the HDPlex 400W DC-ATX.  Imagine I need a cable or an adapter, however I can’t find anything online.  Am trying to avoid having to make any cables myself as I have no experience.  Once I do get the correct cable or adapter, how should I route this into the computer? Should I send it through the back plate where the AC cable plug would otherwise go?

I am pretty sure Ghent can make that for you.... just send him an email...

http://www.ghentaudio.com/pc/hg01.html