IGNORED

Paul's view on Cables, Audio Precision Analyzer, etc.

Blake

59 minutes ago, fas42 said:

In general they will .. because parasitic properties derived from how they are made, and connected, will alter to some degree the "System Coloration" component - just enough to be audible, if one is sensitive to the type of sound changes that occur.

Is there an objective way to prove that these parasitic properties from how they were connected?

59 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The Ted Smith DAC is fairly typical of what many designers say, in candid interviews - get the technical performance right, then the real work begins ... nut out what has to be fine-tuned in the construction of the product to deliver actual acceptable SQ. There was an interesting piece by Stan Curtis, the designer of the first "audiophile" CDP, some time ago - he stated that the production examples of what he designed, no matter what it was, never sounded as good as his prototypes ... I would say, that the fine-tuning in the building of his original circuit could not be passed through to the manufacturing side; key decisions of "how to do it", affecting quality, were lost in this process.

Maybe. Don't know if prototypes sounded better than the final product. Guess one would need to ask him...

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

3 hours ago, fas42 said:

There would be - as I quoted from PM above,

Do that, then use DeltaWave to try and drill down and locate where there are meaningful differences between the two configurations - if one does this in a rigorous manner then I, for one, would be confident that there would be something there, that could be pointed to ...

You think this would demonstrate connection differences and the parasitic properties you speak of?

Give it a try with some USB cables and let us know what you find ;-).

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.