IGNORED

Warming up for best performance.

STC

19 hours ago, sandyk said:

This doesn't have to be the case . Yes, the HFE of a transistor increases with temperature to a certain degree, but it is quite possible to overcome this problem with careful design using the temperature coefficient of a Silicon diode or another additional transistor in the current mirror area of a Solid State Class A amplifier as I have done with my 15W/Ch. (in full Class A) DIY Amplifier.

It tracks and compensates for the changes immediately after switch on and is completely stable in SQ within several minutes

No not all gear will benefit from been turn on for a while before the listening session begins. I said that gear that gets considerably warmer after a couple of hours can benefit from warming-up.

6 hours ago, tapatrick said:

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: I used to love this forum, coming here on a daily basis and learning about and sharing interesting developments and discoveries. However his endless bickering with the same characters, across multiple threads is killing it for me and I'm sure many others. I am coming here less and less and am finding other places to discover and share.... Good luck amigos... everyone knows where this kind of stuff always ends..

I still think that it worth to come back here and read about exciting developments and discoveries like @austinpop last review for example. Sure some people seems to have a rather low s/n rate, or appears like they have wake up on the wrong side of the bed, every day, but please don’t forget about all the good stuff and good people that are here as well.