IGNORED

Innuos PhoenixUSB

FredM

3 hours ago, ken6217 said:

I likey. 😀

Only running a few hours and not broken in but I love the sound., Very spacious, and the music and notes sound so real and with texture. Great ambiance.

I've had components where you get nice spacing and instrument placement, but with the Phoenix you get that, but it sounds very cohesive where each instrument is playing apart from each other. (If that makes any sense).

Also, ir is very smooth

I have previously owned the Uptone Regen, Wyred 4 Sound Reclocker, and SOtM USB Regenerator (each one with a LPS), and none of them even com close to the Phoenix.

Thank you for the report. Give it some time, both the OCXO clock and the power supply take some time to break in, and it would open up even more. 

BTW, this is exactly how I would describe adding an ultraOCXO clock and a Sean Jacobs power supply, silver cables, etc. to my PinkFaun bridge card. It's what a good power supply and well implemented really good OCXO clock does.

None of the other USB "decrapifiers" you mentioned uses a good quality OCXO clock unless you used a Mutec Ref 10 (or something similar) with your SOTM, but then having to use long wires is not necessarily as ideal as having the OCXO next to the chip.

Keep us posted as it burns in, please. It seems like Innous has done a good job with their PhoenixUSB. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

• 3 months later...