IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

1 hour ago, smith123 said:

I would be happy with the same performance as the digione with the SMPS to start with.

just replaced the DigiOne (non signature) in my secondary system with a USBridge Sig and... the latter is *much* better :)

both powered by an HD-Plex LPS, though. but I guess the very same applies when powering both from an SMPS

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

please... how long are Shanti's DC umbilicals?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 1/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, pl_svn said:

please... how long are Shanti's DC umbilicals?

... no one knows? 😶

headphones system:

thank you guys :)

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

so... you just don't need an Allo USBridge 😜 

headphones system:

16 minutes ago, dontfeedphils said:

Flash Ropieee to your card, boot it up, set it up, and listen.

Flash RoPiee to your card, boot it up, set it up, forget about it and just listen ;)

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, John Eaton said:

my power LED is green, but the activity (ACT) LED is flashing orange.  I that correct?

yes!

you can disable the flashing orange one in RoPiee ;)

pity the green LED, being so bright, is the really annoying one 🙄

headphones system:

11 minutes ago, suzywong said:

I simply soldered up some spare cable to a couple of banana plugs and connected the the two terminals together.

not the way to ground neither Shanti or the USBridge

if you really need to do it connection must be from a grounding terminal to the ground pin of a spare (wall) socket ;)

headphones system:

leaving it on 😛

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

whisper.jpeg

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Markhh2 said:

Any thoughts on the “best” OS for my situation?

as just a Roon endpoint... definitely RoPieee ;)

about how much of an improvement the Sig makes... hard to tell: this kind of upgrades is always about subtleties. but those subtleties that in the end... :)

headphones system:

Roon/USBridge Sig/RoPieee here plays DSD256 without the faintest glitch

I know it doesn't help... unless you're willing to give RoPieee a try ;)

headphones system:

13 minutes ago, ambre said:

Need the NAA functionality of DIETPI

RoPieee XL ;)

headphones system:

9 hours ago, ambre said:

So far I have seen on webpage the Allo UsBridge Signature isn’t on the list of supporteD  hardware of RopieeXL.

Or am I misstaken?

running here on my USBridge Sig

Harry (the developer) might be "a little" behind in updating the website

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so... just tried installing GentooPlayer on my USBridge Sig (using it as Roon endpoint)

wired ethernet connection

first time install, all default settings apart "Select DAC/USB DAC"

enabled RoonBridge

disabled HDMI, WiFi and HotSpot

DAC is a Chord Qutest

not the slightest glitch playing DSDs (DoP as Roon doesn't offer "native" for the Qutest) up to 256 :)

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 12.51.49.jpg

headphones system:

• 2 months later...

finally resolved, today, grounding my USBridge Sig to the Shanti LPS and Shanti to an AC iPurifier

really impressed by the difference it made :)
(despite being extremely skeptical about these things)

headphones system:

sorry: forgot to take pictures while doing it and now... it's a (dark) mess back there! 🙄

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Confused said:

RoPieee for example?

👍

nothing better out there for a Pi based Roon endpoint

get RoPieee XL: it also has HQPlayer NAA on board

headphones system:

9 minutes ago, Confused said:

what advantages does RoPieee over DietPi?

burn image to a microSD card, insert it in the USBridge, turn it on, wait a few minutes, open a web browser to set a *very* few things via a very simple, graphical, UI and... forget about it forever ;)

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 13.32.08.jpg

headphones system:

45 minutes ago, Judelow said:

The RPi4 USB bus does not have the issues that the RPi3 did

though Allo's USBridge Signature is not affected in the slightest: it uses an RPi3 Compute Module whilst both USB and Ethernet buses are on the Allo designed board

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rossco said:

What exactly is the issue you refer to?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/topping-d90-mqa-ropieee/113073

look on ASR too

headphones system:

non MQA is not affrected

issue depends on the XMOS receiver chip

headphones system:

• 1 month later...

👍

headphones system: