IGNORED

The Great Wall of Better Audio

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

BTW, the next project for me, which has been stewing away in the background for a couple of years, looks like it's ready to take seriously - a super cheap, all in media server solution with speakers; all the raw bits should be way under $1,000 ... starting to research options now ...

Is it going to be a digital age version of those suitcase record players with the detachable speakers?

5 hours ago, firedog said:

As usual, you're riffing on previous posts of yours - and you couldn't be more wrong.
You can get an excellent setup for under $1000 new, and an even better one for $2000. The difference between those and uber expensive audiophile rigs is actually quite small for reproduction from 40hz to 20khz. The diminishing returns curve is very steep - for many thousands more you get those last bits of refinement and extension. You also get quality bass down to 30 or even 20hz; but let's be honest - you don't really need that for very highquality playback of most recorded music. Finally, for those bucks you also get the ability to do all of the above at loud volume with lots of dynamics.

BUT: many people don't play music that actually has material below 40 hz, and many listen in smaller spaces and/or don't want loud playback. So the uber expensive audiophile prices/playback are useless for them. 

And: hi-end reproduction can also be acheived with CLASS D amplification. 

It's just another of your posts proving you are neuro - atypical, and it's a shame you came here to post your endless nonsense again and again. 

Ignore list. 

You make this $2k claim, yet you have more than that in power and signal conditioning alone. Do you just like spending money? Or perhaps you like getting upvotes for supplying emotional support for non-audiophiles? Did you ever think about the hypocrisy of that position?

37 minutes ago, JezQ said:

So what are the lowest price products that make it to the right side of the wall GUTB?

I'd like to think my ProAc D30Rs are among the better values.

But the point is, why can't someone make something like the ProAc but at a quarter of the price? 

EDIT: The latest version, the D30RS, is up to $7.8k, so I don't know if I'd still call them a better value. ProAc dealers do not offer price cuts either.