IGNORED

Hegel's H590 / Gapless Playback

Hi All,

I was a bit disappointed to find out that the H590 does not support gapless playback via DLNA. A product in this class (and price range) should not have left this feature out.

Please help get the message to the Hegel team ([email protected]) and ask them to fix this in the next firmware release.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the UPnP/DLNA streamer graveyard is full of failed attempts even after promises of gapless playback via a 'simple' firmware fix, eg, all OPPO streaming devices, the original dCS Network Bridge, the first generation Marantz streamers, the old Cambridge Audio NP30, etc.

I hope you are not further disappointed.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

13 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Unfortunately, the UPnP/DLNA streamer graveyard is full of failed attempts even after promises of gapless playback via a 'simple' firmware fix, eg, all OPPO streaming devices, the original dCS Network Bridge, the first generation Marantz streamers, the old Cambridge Audio NP30, etc.

I hope you are not further disappointed.

Add to that early Pioneer, Yamaha and with restricted formats and sample rates, say what with DSD? 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

The issue it raises for me is that not one reviewer was able to detect the issue with gapless playback. It took less than 2 minutes to figure it out. Imagine a reviewer noting in his review that a product lacks some functionality... It would have caused the manufacturer to act upon it. Most of the issues are found by consumers after products are released. It should not be the case.