IGNORED

Article: LessLoss Echo’s End Reference DAC Full Review

uses in turntables, F1 cars, and ski edges are not relevant

the question is - what does it do for a DAC??

looks are fine; but the manf. should come up with some measurements, listening tests, or a least a coherent design reason - their web site is not convincing

yes, it is pretty - not 20k pretty tho

is it prettier than Lignostone?  or Bubinga?  or Myrtle wood?

I am also partial to the color scheme of Accuphase gear, but got stuck with the crummy Audio Research Corp. light green only ghetto-look...

maybe it is better than simply using dampening on an Al case - stick a vibrometer on it

it would be fun to see some jitter measurements, eye diagrams, and etc.

a listening test is always good - in fact Sandy thinks it is the gold std.

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Ralf,

could you please elaborate you critics of the provided links by the manufacturer (post #151).
I'd like to understand, why this is not convincing (enough) for you and what would be a common ground or a suitable information you would accept in a more positive manner? 
I am aware that "pseudo science" is often used for marketing purposes, therefore I'd find a clear formulated critic important, assuming that you are not convinced from the manufactures website. And it's something to learn for the readers, including me.
Cheers from France, Tom

One obvious issue is that there is no linkage from purported benefits to sound quality.  I made some comments re vibration dampening in between our 2 posts.  But the general issue of what measurements on a DAC (of any design) and what exactly to look for is an interesting one - why not start a thread on it?

BTW, where in France are you?