IGNORED

Your Input Requested - What Is Right And Ethical In This Audio Equipment Sale Disaster

On 4/5/2019 at 10:41 PM, TubeLover said:

Sorry for not having worded things better. What I was intending to say was that the $4k offered by the other part y included an additional $1,500.00 over the heavily discounted rate of $2500.00 that I sold the speakers to my friend for. 

JC

Contrary to what others said above, your integrity was never at issue and has nothing to do with money.  Assuming of course your story is an accurate account.

A few other thoughts come to mind.

1.  Yeah, you kinda' deserved the problem.  Even so, this time you went into the transaction cautioning him about questionable prior transactions.  He concurred and said this time will be different.

2.  Sometimes no friends is better than some "friends".

3.  If you return the money to him, he is not being held accountable for his routine flakiness and he'll end up doing the exact same thing to another.  And then blame them.

4.  I suspect your "friend" never considered how he has more than once caused you inconvenience, grief, and money.

5.  In the end, it's nothing more than a business transaction that went south for the other party in which they failed to live up to the conditions of the sale.

6.  You did not profit by selling to another party.

Given the above, I'd call it square exactly as things stand today and move on.

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me