Hi there,

the setup is as follows:

• Qobuz studio plan
  • Linn Kazoo
  • on iPhone 6s
  • Sonore microrendu in DLNA (settings to Lossless FLAC)
  • USB asynchronous to
  • Naim Dac V1

When playing back 192kHz albums, the highest the chain gets is up to 96 kHz. This is shown on Kazoo and the V1.

Can someone help or does someone have an idea?

Thanks!!

Wow, talking about coincidences - I believe I just posted about very similar issue, except that the Qobuz account was presumed set to connect with standard 16/44.1kHz CD res, as opposed to hi-res 24/96kHz:

Linn Kazoo is a Qobuz supporting OpenHome renderer controller. The Sonore microRendu in UPnP/DLNA output mode provides a standard UPnP renderer, not an OpenHome renderer. So you are most likely also running the BubbleUPnP Server helper software, either on the Sonore itself, or on another networked device (NAS, computer, etc) and have the BubbleUPnP Server configured to create an OpenHome renderer for the microRendu's UPnP renderer.

I suspect you've got the the BubbleUPnP Server created OpenHome renderer's Qobuz maximum audio quality connection settings at 24/96kHz, instead of 24/192 kHz (image shows an OpenHome renderer created for the foobar2000 UPnP renderer, so should be similar to one created for the microRendu's UPnP renderer).

image.thumb.png.3a4e6712e24de8b813ea4707dff63a57.png

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

3 hours ago, BulletDrykorn said:

The only thing I can change in the Mircorendu app settings is between MP3 and lossless FLAC.

Precisely what microRendu app are you referring to?

Also, a screen shot of that app's settings page would be very useful.

3 hours ago, BulletDrykorn said:

Probably need a different app on the Microrendu and maybe a different player. Idk. My support request is pending at Sonore.

Do you have an idea which combination could work?

The microRendu should be able to stream up to 24/192kHz audio file tracks from Qobuz and it's likely just a question of making sure it and any relevant helper applications have been configured correctly. So a bit premature to start looking for alternative network audio file players just yet!

BTW, you didn't actually confirm whether you are using the BubbleUPnP Server and if you are, whether it's running on the microRendu or on another networked device - so it's a bit difficult to give you more precise help.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@BulletDrykorn, I will let Jesus get to you on the support question, as he knows far more than I about the settings for various players and Qobuz, which I have no experience with.  But the microRendu is certainly capable of 24/192 (actually up to 768 kHz PCM) so the problem is somewhere in the player settings or intricacies of Qobuz.  

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything from support. I know Jesus. In the beginning answers were fast, not so at the end of my relationship with Sonore. I guess I am simply too mass market consumer for a device of this kind.

I had the Auralic Vega G2 and the Aries G2 at home over the weekend for testing. They not only sound much better (damn, the precision and detail is amazing) but also run stable together. So I ordered the pair.

(BTW: Troubles I had with Spotify that I couldn't play a song outside of a playlist now occurs with Qobuz also. But I am done. This thing is just a big bug list.)

Good bye Sonore. 

Thanks for your help guys here in the forum. And yes, you can roast me for my incompetence, but this device certainly needs experts to handle it.

I am sorry you were not able to get the microRendu working properly in your connection scheme.  I am certain this problem was just a set up issue, but am sorry that you did not receive enough support to get it working in the way which you wanted.  The microRendu is certainly capable of passing PCM data up to 768 kHz (I do so here regularly, via ROON) so the problem is not with the microRendu, but somewhere in the configuration of your player and Qobuz settings.  No one at Sonore expects customers to be able to sort every detail of every possible connection scheme themselves, and normally we provide exceptional support for solving these kinds of issues.  We realize, and everyone must sometimes accept, that there are so many possible combinations that it is impossible to know the answer all possible questions right off the bat, but we still will work with customers to figure out issues and how to get the best performance out of various connection schemes.

As to the sound quality: I would certainly hope that the $4K Aries G2, would outperform the <$1K microRendu!  While the microRendu provides excellent performance, it is Sonore's entry level product.  A more realistic comparison would be the Sonore Signature Rendu SE vs. Aries G2. 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Oh the irony!

Years ago I asked Jesus R if he was aware of the BubbleUPnP Server and how useful its OpenHome created renderer was. His response at the time was that he felt "it's for advanced users, like yourself. I have played around with it in the past and I'll play around with some more today... ":

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/17460-need-advise-on-new-streamer/?do=findComment&comment=298268

Needless to say it didn't take him long to change his mind and the BubbleUPnP Server was soon bundled as an app in Sonore's UPnP/DLNA supporting streamers. So you know who really to blame.😅

-- Jo Cox

13 hours ago, BulletDrykorn said:

Haven't heard anything from support. I know Jesus. In the beginning answers were fast, not so at the end of my relationship with Sonore. I guess I am simply too mass market consumer for a device of this kind.

I had the Auralic Vega G2 and the Aries G2 at home over the weekend for testing. They not only sound much better (damn, the precision and detail is amazing) but also run stable together. So I ordered the pair.

(BTW: Troubles I had with Spotify that I couldn't play a song outside of a playlist now occurs with Qobuz also. But I am done. This thing is just a big bug list.)

Good bye Sonore. 

Thanks for your help guys here in the forum. And yes, you can roast me for my incompetence, but this device certainly needs experts to handle it.

Would you like to sell your microRendu?