IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

5 hours ago, louawalters said:

My SOTM smb-Q370 arrived today.  Old Euphony board out (AMD Rizen 5), SOTM board in.  The APACER DDR4 RAM and Kingston KC2500 NVME were transplanted from the Gigabyte board to the new SOTM.    9th gen Intel i5 F part number (no video) is passively cooled by the Noctua NH-P1  - and oh yeah that passive cooler is a beast...  Everything assembled after a little jiggery-pokery.  Euphony booted fine, and although I need to get a license key swap due to new hardware fingerprint, the JCAT XE USB card powered by FARAD LPS is recognized, and everything works.   I haven't spent much time listening other than making sure it is working.  

It is very interesting to hear feedback on sound quality. What changed with the sound compared to the system, where has your old motherboard installed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Yes, my existing license works, Hardware ID is still the same. Not sure what will happen when we install E4 to a Disc.

Amazingly. My available license doesn't work. Writes - Incorrect Vuucher Code. Please Try Again. Got Trial for 30 days.

So was both the usb and the SSD

- APPEAL: Any feedback is valuable! 
  Please open a ticket not only if something does not work, 
  open it even if you just find some things confusing, unintuitive or unappealing. 
  Thanks! And thanks for putting up with BETA shortcomings...
- Show HQPlayer device panel when selected audio system includes HQPlayer
- Added CPU threshold field to Expert settings 
- CTRL/Meta + click on pause button (or hold) issues stop command, normal click/tap issues pause command  
- Minor adjustments to album grid look
- Fixed 'Restart Stylus' and 'Restart StylusEP' actions on Audio systems page
- Fixed Spotify device startup in case when wrong credentials are entered 
- Possible fix for Power button not causing shutdown

- APPEAL: Any feedback is valuable! 
  Please open a ticket not only if something does not work, 
  open it even if you just find some things confusing, unintuitive or unappealing. 
  Thanks! And thanks for putting up with BETA shortcomings...
- Fixed EuphonyUPnP playback
- Fixed a bug in playback to UPnP endpoints
- Updated list of extensions that HQPlayer supports (mp3 and wv added)

5 minutes ago, msb1 said:

Hi,

Here are the Screenshots.

Even changing a track on Roon takes 20-30 seconds. Everything is just running very slow.

Hi. You have everything right ... I had the symptoms you described when I switched to Roon Core and forgot to change settings from 0 style 1-2 gstp 3-5 on 0 Roon 1-5

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

The earlier V4 pen drive was a 64GB USB 3.2 drive whereas the one I am now using which is working well is a 16GB USB 2.0 drive.

I think the best way to test is as close as possible to the working environment. Therefore, I always write the image on and test the m.2 disk.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, everyone! Faced with such a problem on beta 4. If you start the playlist in a random order and then overload the computer, then after restarting only one track is played, and then a constant error. This occurs until you disable the random play feature. Who else can confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gbn said:

in reality the announcement of the free passage for which he bought the vers. 3 was already present at the beginning of the year, in fact I bought version 3 in February and it was already present

Then you have nothing to worry about...

Today in the morning, I received such an email from Euphony:

Hello,

we are happy to announce availability of new Stylus 4.0 software.

As you bought your Euphony Stylus 3.0 license after February 1, 2022, we deliver as promised “free of charge”:

new Stylus 4 subscription license(s) – valid for next 2 years.

For new registration you need to use this voucher code(s):

I'm sorry, but I think it's a scam. When I purchased the license, the site indicated - BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE and no where indicated that the license model was changed. That is, I purchased the license being sure that the licensed model of version 4 will be the same as in version 3... Now I feel like I was deceived because I bought a license for neither version 4, but for use for 2 years (ie 150 $ per year, which is even more expensive than ROON)

Знімок екрана з 2022-07-09 07-59-26.png

23 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Guys, how do you expect Zeijko to cover his development costs? He clearly needs to charge for it. Same with HQP & many other software out there. You paid for V3, it’s yours forever. If you feel V4 is worth the upgrade then I agree you need to pay for it. 

I certainly don’t have an issue with it. & I have 2 V3 licences. 

It's all clear, but there's one but... Why do I find this a scam? I bought my license a month ago, before I used the license with a trial term. Before buying, I studied how the license works. I also wondered how the transition from version 2 to version 3 took place and learned that it cost about 50% of the cost of version 3. I agree that the new development required funds and was willing to pay for the transition from version 4 to version 5 and so on. Why did I buy licenses right now? Because I read in capital letters the inscription on their site: BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE. But there was nowhere and by the way there is still no sign that they plan to change the licensing model. That's why all this is a scam and I'm sorry I got on this hook.