IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

So €249/$289 per machine license so double for a dual box, chained setup.

When Euphony updates to a new, major version like 4.0 it seems one has to pay for the update: €86/$99. Again double for a dual setup.

IMO this is a bit steep, e.g. compared to a Roon Lifetime license. And yes this is coming from someone who easily pays e.g. >1000 for a power cable. ;) 

14 hours ago, ArthurPower said:

I think Euphony is about 80% of the SQ improvement. We have never recommended that anyone use Euphony on a two computer based playback system, but some customers just like the idea and implemented it that way in their setup. When you're streaming over a network there are a lot more variables to consider. From cabling, the router, the power supply for the router, and the computer that is streaming the audio. So the OS on the streaming server can make a difference, but I think you need to consider all the pro's and con's of having a two computer based playback system. Any Linux distro on the server is going to be better then windows. :)

Sorry to be blunt and this is not an attack, but this type of response from a commercial party worries me a bit since it seems to ‘down play’ that what many have found to be true in at least setups not using Euphony: the distributed setup sounds better. They don’t ‘just like the idea’. You’re making counter arguments to not use/be careful of this type of setup instead of constructively entertaining the idea that it might actually be or could be better. Perhaps you’ve tested it, I don’t know since you don’t mention this.

Also, most of us here have a streaming setup anyway since we use Tidal, Quobuz etc.

Perhaps we here are not your average customer :) Of course whether or not you’d like to cater to our needs is up to you.

17 minutes ago, kravi4ka said:

Well, I am almost computer illiterate... I checked Intel site and they had a list of NUCs and the DNBE was not there and I decided I am out of chance. Could you please, please give me a link for something that might work, I am that desperate... Thanks in advance!

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you already own a DNBE motherboard! :)

Anyway, Bobfa already answered where you could get and configure one. I’m not from the USA so don’t know that market.