IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

My library is fully tagged, I’m using Minimserver and I can manage 16 tags to browse my library.

The problem with Euphony is that there are too few tags available and they are not very useful for classical music, to say a couple of indispensable they are Works and Solists, not to mention Orchestra, Conductor, Instruments and others 

It a real pain browse 8TB of classical music using Euphony ...

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, dminches said:

The systems is unforgiving with respect to tags

.... as any system, but if it doesn’t make available tags there is anything that can be done ... and Euphony is missing the most important tags largely used in classical music 

here attached you can find how many tags I can work with to find something

(Minimserver with Lumïn app)358AC302-A4B5-4547-BE46-D696D07E7353.thumb.png.f4d584087b0c7400b21a0319aaac5ca6.png

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, al2813 said:

Can you describe this setup in more details (i.e. where do you run HQPlayer embedded)?

Music archive is on a LaCie 8TB usb external hdd

MinimServer2 (Full license with MinimStreamer) and Bubbleupnpserver run on Intel Nuc8i3/16GB ram/Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Lumin app on iPhone/iPad 

HQPlayer Embedded runs (for now) on Intel Nuc10i3/16GB ram, it boots from usb stick.

HQP NAA runs on:

- raspberry pi4/4GB ram using RoPieeeXL 

- SOtM sMS200 Neo

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, al2813 said:

Have you compared this with Stylus?

I tried Stylus one year ago and I found it not so different from Daphile.

Anyway the library management is for me a key feature and Minimserver is, in my opinion, the best available. Keep in mind that I have more than 11k albums and most of them are classical and my library is fully tagged, Stylus or Daphile or HQPlayer alone cannot compete with Minimserver solution.

12 minutes ago, al2813 said:

to use Hqplayer as renderer and not player. 

… cannot understand, could you elaborate?

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, davide256 said:

seem to be missing a step, I don't see my HQPe server as an available renderer in Bubble UPNP?

Is Bubbleupnp the app? 
I’m on iOS and I use Bubbleupnpserver to give OpenHome compatibility to the renderer (HQPe), I was assuming that Bubbleupnp (it is available on iOS ) could discover it without Bubbleupnpserver, try to install and configure Bubbleupnpserver 

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/

Stefano

My audio system