IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

4 hours ago, pl_svn said:

never moved those files, Damien

point, though, is I can't import that playlist in A+ 3.5 (File/Import Playlist) whilst every other playlist did without issues 😶

(just tried once more with v3.4.99.19)

Import Playlist

839583796_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_20.thumb.png.638bf799c620a88333d0ff232c80baf7.png

but... 

1718166616_Screenshot2019-04-09at12_37_39.thumb.png.e5b93130da3010fa7b5864361f9d9ada.png

I've tried to rename it even with weird unicode characters, and it imports well, when the audio files are present, and inside a synched folder.

If you search for some titles in this playlist, can you find them in Audirvana's library ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 minute ago, Uni said:

New problem, the left graphic elements are gone.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.29.17 PM.png

Just drag it back to the right (drag the separator)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

thank you for making this clear ... then "some" work to do to modify album folders according to Album Artist ... it's a hobby ... 

other problems

1) still crashing when selecting some filters

- I selected one Genre, then one Composer ... crash, reopened A+ and selected one more Composer, ok, deselected one of the   Composers ... crash

2) Smart playlists: I can enter a new smart playlist, it works, but if I try to change it no criteria is displayed (see the attached image)

change Smart playlist.jpeg

Ok, so I'll need some help to hunt those as I can't reproduce them.

Can you first update to beta 20 I've just released?

then if you still get a crash with filters, can you send me by email, or PM the crash report?

For the smart playlist, can you tell me which criteria you had entered that was not saved?

Can you update to beta 20 I've just released. I've fixed an issue in the Pre-Ringing setup for iZotope.

7 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

For me in my nouveautés, added date don’t stick anymore, all others are ok, i can see what i put.

Thanks, just reproduced it.

One thing for tomorrow's release ;) 

13 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Thanks, just reproduced it.

One thing for tomorrow's release ;) 

8 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

Done! ;)

Pre-Ringing Numerical value still garbled and... can't change Steepness, neither using the slider or by entering a value: if I try it only goes to "0"

EDIT: wait... looks I succeeded changing steepness too

EDIT2: for some reason looks playback from Qobuz takes longer to start if Izotope is selected. but now it starts

Fix both smart playlist date added, and iz steepness.

What do you mean by pre-ringing value garbled?

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

installed beta.20

a) ... still crashing with filters (selected one Genre then one Composer .... crash), attached the crash report

b) the smart playlists with Added Date  and Last Modified Date still do not hold settings (but they work)

c) If I click on the play button/icon of an album nothing happens, I must open the album and click the play button of the first track

d) Still not working with iZotope settings, same error as reported previously

crash beta.20.rtf 75.96 kB · 1 download

b) fixed in beta 21 I'm releasing this morning

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the others

Can you send me your library database file so it can help me reproduce this issue?

It is the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
To access ~/Library with the Finder, you can use its Go menu while pressing the option (or alt) key. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

You'd probably need to use a file transfer service as it will be too large for email.

6 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Thanks.  Updated to the beta 21.  But same issues. 

1) Audio Units do not work.  I tried 8 of them.  Must disable Audio Units entirely to get any sound to pass through to DAC.

2) iTunes playlists are not displayed in proper order.  The same lists display fine in 3.2.

1. Can you send me a copy of the "Debug Info"? You can get it using the "Debug Info" command of the “General” section in the settings page.
When the "Debug Info" window is open, its contents are automatically copied in the clipboard. Then make a Paste (Cmd V) in an email or PM to paste the text of the Debug info.
This will give me more details about your setup, and especially your DAC.

2. Do you have the "sort manual playlists" option checked in the sort criteria section of the settings page?

I've reproduced the iTunes playlist order issue.

I'm on it.

2 minutes ago, jos said:

I guess Damien will notify us first...

Yes. We are in the process of updating the web site before announcing the release.

9 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

@damien78 i saw that the name of Audirvana changed and we have now two differents pref files in the system... i just deleted the Audirvana Plus plist file to keep the new Audirvana plist.

Restart, it ask for my serial number and i lost all the prefs i've made, in Software and DAC settings, but all my playlists were still there. Not long to put back prefs, just to let you know  :)

Or you can simply keep both files.

They can live along. I've just kept the license data in the legacy plus preferences file so that the ones among you who want to do comparisons with 3.2 don't need to reenter their license key each time they switch.

10 minutes ago, Nico said:

I can't see (find) the Playlist column, nor the words Library, Favorites, Playlists.

Do you see your playlists? Anyone could confirm, please?

Underneath a snapshot from Audirvana website. In my window of 3.5.0 the left column does not exist.

792433011_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-12um17_18_44.png.8b91b50ff8755879bfbeeeff1eb1f066.png

Your playlists pane must be fully collapsed to the left.

Drag the divider line with the mouse to the right to expand it again

1 minute ago, Uni said:

@damien78

What do you recommend me to do now?  Reset something?  Delete DB?  Or turn on some debug mode  and collect information?

Failing in realtime, but working offline would tell you have a multichannel and try to use stereo only AU plugins.

A few stereo DACs like some models from Mytek have 4 channels for the DoP 1.1 trick even if PCM playback is possible only on the 2 first channels. In this case, switching on "Use as stereo only" enables the use of stereo AU plugins in realtime.

If this is not the case, then you may have an issue in your setup, maybe a damaged preferences file?

To delete your preferences file, open the Console application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

On 4/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1: I can't import playlists.m3u from iTunes 10.7 and I have about a hundred of them.

(on the other hand, I can export from Audirvana and reimport, that works.) THX for advice ...

Do you have already in the Audirvana library the audio files referenced in this playlist form iTunes ?

On 4/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1 Play Queue doesn't play multiple tracks in correct order. Suppose you added some tracks from library like shown in the screenshot. Then start play at position 4 ..... unfortunately position 2 begins to play. :(

After the playing of the list is completed, a second attempt at position 4 plays only position 2 and stops.

2092365870_playqueuebug.png.aa92829bda72381889c1d440c3ed55ee.png

Do you have shuffle playback enabled?

To which audio device are you playing? (local USB DAC, or network player).

Are those tracks on a streaming service, or stored locally?

On 4/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1: Search results cannot be sorted in track view. This was possible in 3.2 and it is very important that it is possible. Thanks.

It was not possible, they have always been sorted by search result ranking...

23 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

hello Damien,

as already reported, there is a problem with metadata search in 3.5: some Ensembles are not displayed in Search results.

I've just added a new album in which the Ensemble is "Insula Orchestra", as you can see in the attached images "Insula Orchestra" is  listed in Ensemble and Artist but the search result is null (... but it is listed in the Ensemble filter)

This happens with other Ensembles (some of them

Thank you for this detailed report and thorough investigation.

I've fixed this for 3.5.2 I'll release later today.

12 hours ago, DancingSea said:

For me, A+ 3.5 crashes nearly every time I quit the application.

Another issue is that if I go to an album by following the specific album link from a playlist, it displays each track twice.  If I go to the library album section and scroll through tons of albums to find that same album, the tracks are displayed properly.

The remote works ok.  Would be nice to be able to rate tracks from within the remote app instead of having to walk over to the Mac.  I’ve yet find a way to do that.

Do iTunes ratings (1 - 5 stars) translate to A+ 3.5?  Having to re-rate thousands of ratings is a bit overwhelming.  I place high value on curation.  I only listen to tracks I like on a CD and skip the ones I don’t.  As mentioned before, that’s one feature I enjoyed in Roon, the ability to rate tracks in the remote and the ability to easily “play favorites” from either the Mac or remote apps, with Roon skipping the unloved tracks for me.

Other than the crash report you had sent me that showed the crash was caused by the Audio Unit plugin itself, if you have others, like the one exiting the application, can you send it to me by PM also?

Regarding iTunes rating, the issue is that iTunes is not storing it in the audio files metadata as it should be.

So you need to use the 2nd method ( sync with iTunes library) to retrieve them.

And the good news is that I've implemented this both ways: next time you click on Sync with iTunes, Audirvana will update iTunes with the ratings changed in Audirvana.

And then you'll use smart playlists, or filters with rating as criteria

@Fridolin do you mean the play queue? The remaining time not updating issue is fixed in 3.5.2

you can use the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu to get it.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Damien - what’s the difference between the two methods when importing from iTunes?  Do they both import iTunes playlists?

Also, which iTunes rating is imported in method 2?  The star rating (1 - 5)?

Thanks.

Only method 2 retrieves iTunes playlists.

And it is star rating that is synched

4 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

Yes, i mean the play queue.

I hope, the vanishing of the remaining time in the list-header when you scroll down, is fixed, too?

Not yet ;)